News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Resuming a game after the server resets; How?

Started by Just Mick, June 06, 2010, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Mick

I looked for a comprehensive topic about this (see subject) to no avail (fyi: did not look super hard for super long)

I know there is autosave etc. But what are the exact steps to pick a game back up after parties get disconnected or the server resets (disconnects everyone) ?

Because I can't seem to make anything work ???

whizzerd

when both players return just have one person revert to autosave1 it usually works just fine.....if your game had more than 2 seats u may as well forget about it and start over......the game will autosave each time u change phases. if your like most ppl u usually only advance the turn and not each phase (speaking stirctly about mtg here as its all i play) so the autosave will be at the beginning of the current turn

Just Mick

Does that work with a proxy game (everyone seems to want to play proxy) ? Is the culture to just give up on the game if it resets? Or are players just not aware the game can be resumed? My game has reset probably 8 times or more out of about 16 games, usually because the server resets, and resume has never seemed to be feasible.

Seems to happen a lot when the table has turned :'(

Maybe players are just glad to be rid of me...

whizzerd

i only use proxy games, so yes it works for those (not sure about non-proxy) 
not sure how many people are aware of the save functions on lackey, i tend to play w/ the same people on a regular basis and we all use it when needed