News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Keywords

Started by greasontim, May 28, 2010, 01:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasontim

These are some of the keywords for World Divided and Im just wonder what people think of them and if the wording can be changed to sound better.

match: Archery
reminder: Can block summons/heroes with Flying.

match: Flying
reminder: Can't be blocked except by summons/heroes with Flying or Archery.

match: Heal#
reminder: When summoned target summons gets healed for # life.

match: Inferno
reminder: Discard this card to deal 3 damage to all of your opponent's summons.

match: Open Gate  (Necromancer)
reminder: When this hero attacks you may summon a Undead.

match: P-Heal
reminder: When summoned heals all of your summons for 2 life.

match: Phase Medow  (Druid)
reminder: Every time this Hero is attacked you can summon a Beast with 4 or less attack.

match: Plague
reminder: When this summon destroys a summon defending player discards the top card from his/her deck.

match: Poison
reminder: Attacked Summon becomes poisoned taking one damage during your opponent's upkeep phase. Poison can't be removed

match: Renew Health  (Healer only Keyword)
reminder: During your upkeep phase you can heal a target for one life.

match: Resurrect
reminder: If this summon/hero dies you can sacrifice a summon to bring this summon/hero back with the max life of the sacrificed summon.

match: Ritual
reminder: Durring your upkeep you may put a 1/1/1 Imp token into play.

match: Spiked
reminder: When this summon/hero blocks attacker takes 1 damage.

match: Spirit Flood
reminder: Everything this Hero gets attacked you can play a summon - spirit.

match: Swift
reminder: When you block with this summon flip a coin. If heads nullify the damage taken, if tails the damage is taken.

match: Unwavering Death  (Summoner Keyword)
reminder: When this Summon/Hero deals 3 or more damage you can put a spirit from your graveyard to your hand.

match: Zap#
reminder: When summoned target summon takes # damage.

Dragoon

Aside from Archery/Flying all keywords are better when non-keywordized  :-\ Keywords are made to be used in MANY instances, and I can't see most of these to be used on many cards.

greasontim

some of them apply only to Either a specific Hero Type or Summon Type
such as Renew Health is for healers only

sneaselx

Many of them are too specific. For example...
Quotematch: Inferno
reminder: Discard this card to deal 3 damage to all of your opponent's summons.
This would be much better as an effect.

Generally, activated abilities are better as effects, and abilities that simply change how a unit/card interacts with other cards may be keywords IF they are very common.
Keywords to keep:
Archery
Flying
Poison          # only if common.
Renew Health     #only if common.
Spiked      # only if common.

How common an ability is should be the final decision factor, but some abilities are more receptive to keywording than others, and some abilities should always be spelled out, even if they are on half of the cards. For example, Phase Meadow or Unwavering Death are both way too specific to be a keyword. A keyword should be almost like another card type.

greasontim

keywords are just the name of the effect.
example (MTG)
First Strike
creature with First Strike deals damage before creatures without first strike during combat phases.

(not the real wording for first strike but haven't seen the reminder for it in over 3 years)

Also if anyone can help me with them than please help.
Finding artists and thinking of card names and all of that is starting to be a pain in my rear.

Tokimo

You don't need to name every effect is what they're trying to say.

Certain games do name every ability (Pok?mon), but Pok?mon has a strong aesthetic reason to do so. I don't think it's the case that Phase Meadow really needs to be named though. Just have "Whenever CARDNAME attacks summon a monster with attack of 4 or less".

Monox D. I-Fly

Quote from: Tokimo on May 29, 2010, 06:29:38 PM
Certain games do name every ability (Pok?mon), but Pok?mon has a strong aesthetic reason to do so. I don't think it's the case that Phase Meadow really needs to be named though. Just have "Whenever CARDNAME attacks summon a monster with attack of 4 or less".

Yes, Yu-Gi-Oh! never names any ability of its Monsters, and when they do (Union, Gemini, Toon), they always write clear what they do and all of them are considered card effects.