Trying to edit the table image so it's like a chessboard

Started by Just Mick, May 24, 2010, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Mick

I think I'd like to make a custom table graphic that replaces the green felt with a chessboard grid where each square roughly fits the dimensions of the plugin's cards.

I would appreciate it if someone who works with Lackey could explain how Lackey determines the scale of the cards once placed on the table (with the scale table also pref enabled) so I can get within one texel of an accurate fit on the first try.

EDITED: If there is a handy feature to toggle a grid over the table that would serve the same end / not require monkeying with the table graphic, but I think a custom chessboard might still be interesting.

greasontim

I can't do the grid but i can do the cheese board look for you

So 1 card per square is what your after?
IDk how big the grid will be
Test it and tell me how close it is
my cousin scrolled so my card size is bigger than it normaly is so i cant tell

[attachment deleted by admin]

picks-at-flies

Getting an exact size isn't helpful.  AFAIK, the current background stretches to the size of your zoom level, so the ratio of card-background will vary depending entirely on the user settings.

Tokimo

At any given aspect ratio (of the table in Lackey) the card widths change. Do you want one set up for 4:3 aspect ratio or something else?

Just Mick

I've noticed since then there is a kind of grid that the cards will clamp to. I'm not sure how it's calculated but it would be nice if you could make the lines visible temporarily in order to get a feel for it. Anyway the clamping pretty well solves my problem. I just wish plugin users could get together and decide how cards should be played on the table, because my head spins not being able to see peoples arms plopping their cards down and so on. Watching the log would be easier if it was in a vertical column.

Tokimo

The grid is 71 wide, 81 tall. (for the area inside of the image). The width ticks are longer than the height ticks.