News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Siege SCG

Started by innuendo, May 24, 2010, 10:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas123

attacking while chasing an enemy demigod while in fire mode. Hooray!

Friends seasons 1-10 dvd boxset

Greg 1

Looks like a fascinating game you are working on.  I must give it a try sometime (I won't have a good enough internet connection for 6 months or so).

A few questions.  Some of them are no doubt rather ignorant since I haven't seen the cards:

1.  Is there a full list of cards that I can look at?  Text versions are fine, but I'd like to see the set.

2.  Is there anyway to make it possible for multiple players to play?  I'm going to guess not, but it is worth asking.

3.  Are you determined to call it "Siege?".  Either your game reprsents two empires (or armies?) fighting (in which case, it isn't particularly a "siege") or it represents two fortresses right next to each other, in which case I would go for something more abstract anyway so as not to draw attention to a somewhat surreal premise.  I might have tried to call it something that indicates the classical world and battle...like Legions or Iron, or "Phalanx".  Not very appropriate for your Chinese and Mongolains armies, but I can't think of a way to be inclusive there without using a name that is so generic, like "Battlefield" or "Fields of Battle" that it says almost nothing.
your game, it is probably because they

4.  The rulebook doesn't explain the factions.  I suggest that the first thing the rulebook does is explain the factions.  If someone wants to play your game (as opposed to someone else's) it is probably because they like the idea of leading a Roman, or Greek, or Chinese, or Mongolian army.

5.  By the way, can all the factions fight each other?  Can they mix freely in the same deck?

Greg 1

5.  Why the concern over licensing for art and for rarity distribution?  Unless you have too much money and want to get rid of a lot of it, I wouldn't try to make this commercial.  The market is vicious and the gaming companies can barely hack it.  Excellent games supported by professional companies with the rights to hot and well-recognized intellectual properties and with relatively extensive advertising die all the time with much expense to the producer.  It is no comment on the quality of your game to say that you would be better off just burning your money.

Greg 1

Quote from: innuendo on May 27, 2010, 09:33:36 AM
Hey I'll just be honest the templating and the style choices of the cards are really secondary to the gameplay...I would be much more interested in getting feedback on the game itself rather than talk about style choices we made for the template.  Not that I don't mind getting feedback on the template it's just not what I design cards for :D

It sounds sensible to me to work out the gameplay before designing the cards, or you could get a very nasty shock every time you have to change all your pretty cards.

Cyrus

despite raising some fairly good points/questions, you've got quite the "posting" finger there Greg 1, a triple post in fact. I'm no mod but you may want to watch out for that, think ahead, and make one giant post (like I usually do :D)

Greg 1

Quote from: Cyrus on September 26, 2010, 03:24:44 PM
despite raising some fairly good points/questions, you've got quite the "posting" finger there Greg 1, a triple post in fact. I'm no mod but you may want to watch out for that, think ahead, and make one giant post (like I usually do :D)

I don't believe that I can do that on this computer, sorry (for reasons idiosyncratic to this machine that I won't bore you with).  Sorry for the inconvenience!   :-[