Deciding who goes first in games... I prefer flipping a coin over rolling a die

Started by Trevor, May 05, 2010, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I think many people seem to roll a die to determine who goes first. I prefer flipping a coin. Flipping a coin is better for 2 reasons. First, it doesn't require any action from the other player. Second, you can't get ties requiring rerolling as can sometimes happen with rolling a die

To use the flip method of deciding who goes first, first say either "heads" or "tails" in the log. Then type "/flip", which you can also set to a saved chat message button.

magekirbys

I normally use a die when it's more then 2 players in a room even if there is a chance for use to get the same number.

Trevor

Quote from: magekirbys on May 05, 2010, 01:43:16 PM
I normally use a die when it's more then 2 players in a room even if there is a chance for use to get the same number.
If there are more than 2 players, I suggest using /rd100 which rolls a hundred-sided die. As a matter of fact, typing "/rdn" should work, where n is any positive integer.

magekirbys

I there a command I can use to roll more than one N sided die and then add up the totals?

Trevor

Quote from: magekirbys on May 05, 2010, 02:13:51 PM
I there a command I can use to roll more than one N sided die and then add up the totals?
"/rolldN X" rolls a dN X amount of times. All the rolls will be averaged and summed.
You can even do something like "/rolld20+3 7". That will roll a d20 7 times, and each time add 3 to the result.

Ayotte

I roll because other people roll, and its easier to hit f5 once, or maybe twice, then actually type out what I'm doing.