News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Yu-Gi-Oh plugin update

Started by kingjames8, November 13, 2009, 02:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingjames8

can you please update the server with the new Stardust Overdrive pack, the release for the TCG is today so please if you can update the server

Tokimo

It's probably going to take the plugin maintainer time to get the whole set / high quality scans of the whole set, and get the plugin updated.

kingjames8

I know i was just wondering whoever updates the plugins for Yu-Gi-Oh would start working on it sooner rather than later :)

Tokimo

Full card set can be found here (I think):  http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Set_Card_Galleries:Stardust_Overdrive_(TCG-EN-1E)

Edit: I talked to Skye and given what he said, I wouldn't expect it before the 20th. Things like this have to take back priority to things like bills/homework, so heck, it could easily take until the 27th (or later).

Skye

I'm fully aware of the set being released, as well as where to locate scans.

However, it's still going to take time. I want to ensure that Yugioh Wikia has the correct scans and card data available. And a lot of the time, this takes a few days after a set release to get done.

I tried updating a set the day it was released before. I ended up with a lot of changes to fix a few days later, when their stuff was updated.

In all, this update will likely take a week to achieve. Not only do I have this set to add, I have a number of other cards that are missing, and card data alterations to enact.

It will be up as soon as it's ready, and I will make that fact known here on the forums. Just have a little patience. Urging me to do it faster isn't going to get it done any quicker.

Thornet

Is there any particular reason the card rarities were removed within the last couple updates? I had just made booster packs that worked with the probabilities of getting rare cards, but then noticed the field disappeared when I updated. Is there any chance they could be put back so I can make boosters with real world probabilities rather than just picking whatever card I want from the pool?

Skye

Rarities have not been present since Ancient Prophecy, when I took over the plugin.

I dunno about the ones before that. There were only a few. I had to add in several thousand cards to make the plugin actually work normally.

Rarities will be coming back when I update again with Stardust Overdrive, so that pack opening will actually be working.

As far as the real world probabilities for opening packs, first I have to locate the ratios online as to how many of each type will be found within all of the packs released for the card game. As it stands right now, I'm going with a simple ratio to be common for all of the booster packs.

Thornet

Skye

The update is still in a holding pattern.

Yugioh Wikia does not have all of the english scans. They are still missing about three.

Hopefully they'll be getting them in soon.