iPad version of LackeyCCG submitted to the app store today

Started by Trevor, July 31, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: valiante on October 02, 2014, 11:20:23 AM
Ok, and the decks? Can I send it somehow to the ipad or I have to build a new one?

Can you make a button to the deck editor to select all the cards please? It could be a very big help to move more cards at the same time into a deck. (It could be very nice in the PC version also)

About the updatelist.txt. I sept 3 days to make one for my plugin ( with dropbox and photobucket) and no way to make it. I have the updatelist checksum correctly but even that I have a time our error when I try to connect to ipad. Can you please make a little bit more detailed the error message? I look for the error blindly....

Last question, what I asked long ago if you could please make the stack system, like cards stack on the table and no way to select them with a single click and later ( for example with shift ) you can select it again?

Thank you
I'm working on a feature that stores your decks online, but it isn't done yet and I don't know when I will have it finished. Until then, decks are stored locally BUT there is a cool thing you can do to import a deck. In the deck editor, load the deck on the computer/iPad where the deck is, hit the COPY button, and then paste what was copied to your clipboard to some place else that you can access from the lackey on the other computer/ipad where the deck isn't. This could be an email, a forum post, a txt file you can open in another program or whatever. Then, once you have that copied text in your clipboard, hit the PASTE button in the deck editor to import it. Alternatively, you can save the deck file online somewhere you can access. And copy the URL of the deck to your clipboard. The PASTE button will also import a URL of a deck as well as the contents of the deck.

I'm not sure what you mean by selecting all the cards. For what purpose? Are you talking about the deck list or the library of all cards? If you're trying to remove all the cards, you can use the New Deck button. I don't know how helpful a select all button would be, and I don't want to clutter the interface with things that don't add enough to warrant the complexity they add. Are you aware of the many other ways to add cards? Did you watch the video tutorial on the deck editor?

I don't know exactly which websites work with hosting files for plugins. It depends how the particular server handles file requests. Lackey expects to be able to use a URL and get the file linked there, and some sites put a bit of a wall between entering the URL and getting the file. Updatelist.txt URLs work the same on mac, windows, and iPad. If you are encountering an error that appears to be unique to the iPad, the only thing I can think might make it seem that way is if your iPad is full. If you try to download a new file with no space, that might cause an error.

I implemented a stack system, but after getting some feedback with beta testers we agreed that the complexity it added wasn't worth it. So many different plugins would want stacks to work in different ways, and it also varies from instance to instance and person to person even within the same plugin. And when things don't work how you want/expect them to work, its actually worse than not having it at all.

btw, this is a bit off topic to this thread. This topic is about the iPad version of lackey, and if you have general questions, please make a forum topic in the appropriate place. For help with plugins, use the plugin forum. For suggestions for a new feature, or a question about how to do something, use general topic.

valiante

Quote from: Trevor on October 02, 2014, 12:49:35 PM
I'm working on a feature that stores your decks online, but it isn't done yet... and I don't know when I will have it finished. Until then, decks are stored locally BUT there is a cool thing you can do to import a deck. In the deck editor, load the deck on the computer/iPad where the deck is, hit the COPY button, and then paste what was copied to your clipboard to some place else that you can access from the lackey on the other computer/ipad where the deck isn't. This could be an email, a forum post, a txt file you can open in another program or whatever. Then, once you have that copied text in your clipboard, hit the PASTE button in the deck editor to import it. Alternatively, you can save the deck file online somewhere you can access. And copy the URL of the deck to your clipboard. The PASTE button will also import a URL of a deck as well as the contents of the deck.

Very very good idea thanks a lot.

Quote from: Trevor on October 02, 2014, 12:49:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by selecting all the cards.

I mean to be able to select more than one card at the same time to move into a deck. Like there are 100 card and I want all into a deck, I have to move all one y one into the deck.

Quote from: Trevor on October 02, 2014, 12:49:35 PMbtw, this is a bit off topic to this thread. ...

Ok, I will continue in the other thread.  :)

ke.

Well done getting the iPad version out ? I picked up a copy today.

First impressions were that it's too much of a straight port from the desktop version and it's unlikely I'll be using it in this state. I'm hoping that's it's just because it's an early version and doing a straight "port" was the quickest approach. A few things that could change to make it workable:

• Two finger tap for right mouse button ? selecting left / right click is not practical (most important change).
  • Single / two finger drag for scrolling ? scroll bars take up way to much real-estate and are not intuitive for touch.
  • "Lock window resizing bars" should hide resizing bars ? this will increase real-estate space hugely.
  • As others have mentioned there's no way hover a flipped card and see what it is (without using peek, maybe just force hover hover to display card?).
  • Chat buttons don't wrap / can't scroll.
  • Card preview window resizes even if "Mark card view image stretch" is unchecked.

Really exciting to hear that it's been released; dropped everything to download and purchase.

Guess it was a fairly epic task getting to this point ? congratulations on a job well done.

ke.

Another suggestion in terms of getting decks in the app: Dropbox ? it's got very good iPad support and is implemented in lots of apps.

Solstar82

Quto732

To Solstar and anyone else asking about android. If anyone was willing to sit down with the man and show him how to program android; he would be willing to convert it and write one up. Please learn to read back through the topic.

As for Trevor, the man himself: You could start learning from scratch. There are several sites that teach you how to program in android. I know how to program SOME in Java for android such as making a timer app and such, but that's the extent of my abilities.

http://www.xda-developers.com/want-to-learn-how-to-program-for-android-start-here/

https://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html

You can head here if you want to learn how to program android. If you've already done so or you prefer someone to talk to face to face to help you; I'd be willing if my skills were up to par but their not. All the same, good luck!!!!!

Note: You don't need an android to write apps for one. All of the development kits I know of have an android emulator built in to run any APK's you write or others.

Skaldin

Saw your request for a review on ipad mini.  I've recently downloaded the app on my ipad mini (non-retina) and it looks great! Thanks for all the effort!!  I've pasted some screenshots showing horizontal and vertical alignment from MECCG and LOTR along with some notes.  Excuse the slightly blurry images.  I had to reduce the screenshots down pretty significantly for posting here.  It all looks sharp on the ipad screen.

I'm new to Lackey, so my notes below may already have solutions and I'm just not yet aware of them. 

Thoughts:

- Real estate on the mini is tricky.  The resolution is the same, but the smaller screen means I'm regularly having to resize things during play or having to open/close different views (like the sidebar on the right).  But I knew what I was getting in to when I bought the mini so I don't find it to be that big a deal.

- That said, the columns in the deck editor card search area are VERY difficult to grab and resize. You can see in the screenshot that the default setting makes the name unreadable.  And trying to resize it kept resulting in resizing it by a few pixels and then suddenly I'm resizing the next column over instead.   In truth though, I have this problem on the computer version of Lackey as well.

- In addition to easier resizing of those columns, I'd love to be able to select which columns appear at all.  Even if some of them are at their minimum width, they can still take up a lot of space with as many of them as there are.

- I understand the need for the left/right/middle-click buttons.  But you might want to investigate other options ipad allows for like two and three finger taps or long touches.  I believe someone mentioned this earlier in the thread.  Just agreeing with them.

- I'd like to be able to disable the image in the lower left corner of the game play screen.  It makes the Turn and Phase text unreadable.

Quto732

This is going back to ask about an android version.
I know you don't have any android device; but with tax return season around, if you get anything back on the tax refund; do you think you will purchase an android device to develop the android version to LackeyCCG?

Shogun1118

Hello. LONG time player of Lackeys. Thanks Trevor for making this awesome game. I went to the App store but couldn't find it. Has it been taken down? I seem to remember it was up a few years ago. Is it under a different name?

Arc104

I?m not sure. I have it on my iPad, but ever since iOS 11 updates the app has been unplayable, so I?d assume that it is no longer on the App Store since the app was never updated...