News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MTG Plugin - Flip transform card?

Started by fildred13, November 26, 2017, 11:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fildred13

I haven't used lackey in awhile. I used to flip over a transform card in the deck editor by holding shift to see the reverse of the card. That doesn't seem to work anymore. How do I see the reverse side of a transform card in the deck editor?

MasterJediAdam

Shift works when the card in on the table. Did you try double clicking on the image in the deck editor?

DarthSydius

In Innistrad block works perfectly, but in Origins and Shadows Over Innistrad you have to see the card on Scryfall.com, because there is no form to see the back on the editor.  Actualy Shadows is pretty messy, you can found the front and the back of the same card as diferent cards.

CrazyChucky

Double-faced cards appear to have been handled differently by different maintainers at different times. The two main options are:

-Tell Lackey it's literally a card with a front and a nonstandard back, but then it can't be manifested or otherwise turned face-down except in a fully-hidden zone.
-Tell Lackey it's an ordinary card with the front and the usual Magic back, then give it a script to generate the backside as a token. You can't view the back in the deck editor, but it's more versatile in play.

The former is more convenient for deckbuilding, but the latter is better for play (in my opinion). I've coded the Rivals double-faced cards the latter way for now, but I'm open to suggestions.

I would like to go back and standardize this (and other inconsistencies) throughout the plugin.

CrazyChucky

Note: for the latter, such as cards in Shadows, Ixalan, and Rivals, right-click on the card on the battlefield and select "Transform" to spawn the backside.

ph

my only gripe....cards like grimlock arent included at least to my knowledge

DarthSydius

Im totally agree, standarize, and yes, right click - spawn is the best option.

CrazyChucky

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

ph, that's a good point. I should add the Hasbro promo cards.