News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Heresy (no, not the late Last Unicorn Games CCG)

Started by jd, March 28, 2010, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd

Hello everyone,

I've discovered Lackey a few days ago, and I must say that I'm really impressed by the extent of the work that has been done to let us enjoy collectible card games online or simply on our computers.

I would like to submit an evolution for LackeyCCG: open it to non-collectible card games. Not bridge or poker, obviously (I guess there is little demand for that), but other games such as, say, Munchkin or Citadels. I suppose the necessary amount of programming would be manageable - if every players' deck points to the same object instead of having multiple ones, but of course I'm not in the programming team and I cannot say for sure. (That being said, I've been developing software for more than ten years now, so I'm pretty certain the difficulty of the task is surmountable.)

Of course, to play Munchkin one will need to have two decks shared by all players, but L5R already has two decks per player. (I have yet to try Lackey5R, that being said.)

What do you think, people? Good idea? Bad idea? Good idea but can't be done because?

Iceclaw

It can in fact be done, but lackey has limits on unique cards loaded per superzone that make it unable to handle some of the really large single player draw-deck style card games. (it tops out around 400 UNIQUE cards per draw deck, at that point you can have more of any card already in your deck, just not any 'new cards').. (Munchkin fantasy, just the 1st 6 expansions almost hits this limit, ... And it currently can't handle enough unique cards in a single deck to make blender games feasible )

Fian

The other issue atm is that you can't have a shared deck with another player. Or at least as far as we've been able to work out each player would need to have thier hand on the table and anyone could look at them.

Iceclaw

Player 1 loads the draw decks as superzones.
Do draw functions as 'transfer cards' from player 1 to -1 or the table.
Do discards (manually...because I haven't figured out how to do cardtransfers on selected cards) to to player 1's discards.

You discard to his discard zone... Reveal discard to all. Reveal hand to owner.

Superzone: Draw
Zones: Hands, Discard (And depending on the game..you might have other things like inventory...to save card table space)

You don't have to have any cards on the table.. you just have to make enough zones and set their visibility appropriately.

Tokimo

Last I looked at this the problem was that I couldn't get a card I 'owned' to enter a zone controlled by another player.

I was about to make a 52 card deck plugin before I realized I couldn't. : (

But yeah, it's not that important of a feature (which is probably why Trevor hasn't bothered).

Iceclaw

I have no problems moving cards owned by other players into zones I control.
Maybe it's because I originally required the card by the transfercard function? Try using that for your draw instead of the standard /draw function.