autoupdateinfo.txt question and major help needed

Started by silence731, October 28, 2015, 11:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silence731

ok, first off lemme just say when it comes to the back end of how games work, im a complete dunce, now i have taken a look at the tutorial on how to make an autoupdate.txt file so i can post my game but im hitting a major roadblock, mainly because when it comes to technical jargon i know jack squat. I have looked at the included games and none of them have been any help for making the file, the ones i looked at reference an Image folder and Phase1-6 pics that i do not have in my game.
               What i do have is 5 folders inside my setimages folder that houses all the cards i have made for the game, nothing i have come across so far has told me how to link those folders with the autoupdate.txt file. does it do it automatically when you run the autoupdate command from google or the LackeyCCG engine itself or will i have to specify all 5 of those folders AND all 105ish cards in those folders inside the functions of the autoupdate.txt file?
            I have also noticed that inside the games i have looked at for help, they all have packs folder and pack definitions.txt file, which is a folder and text file i do not have yet. And im assuming if i want the premade decks to go with the game, i have to upload them AND specify those in the autoupdate.txt file? I have a rulebook.txt file that i have included in the autoupdate.txt file already so i am hoping that one will tag along so people know how to play and i hope i have listed it correctly.
           I do know that i will have to obtain multiple websites for the file themselves, but one thing at a time here.