News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[REQUESTS] - A few feature requests.

Started by Devante, July 07, 2015, 06:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devante

Hey Trevor,

Not sure where to put this so I'll post here in general.

Basically my friends and I have been playing a lot the last couple of weeks and wanted to make some requests!

1) Option to manually select player who controls current turn. Maybe a right-click > Make current turn belong to this player.
The reason is, we often find that the game will say something like, "Turn 1: Devante's turn." when it isn't my turn. Not that the name matters, but it does help keep track of who has initiative in certain games such as VS System.

2) Force phases to display vertically. Right now, when you drag the left pane out enough, the phases will turn into small buttons that are side by side and you can't read the text until you drag the panel far.

Thanks and we love the program. Gonna make my own plugin here in a few!

Trevor

Hi. Glad you like the program.
You can just advance and turn back the turn until it says the right name. People don't use anything irl to keep track of who's turn it is so I just added it for people to use or not. You could also spawn a card to move around to show whos turn it is. And if I added a "set it to my turn" button it would complicate the interface which would be more harm than the minor benefit it would bestow, especially since you can accomplish the right player turn by advancing the turn buttons now.

The phase buttons are vertical if they fit vertically. Otherwise they are horizontal and some of the phase names are truncated. If you forced them to be vertical, some of them would be completely invisible. You can allocate more space for the phase buttons in a number of ways. Even if you just see one letter of the phase buttons when they are horizontal that should be enough to tell you which is which. I don't think forcing vertical (and making some off screen) would be an improvement.

AuraDragon

Can we click links in the server chat?  There are often times when people link plugins in the chat.  It's obviously up to the user to be prudent about downloading things from strangers, no doubt about that.

Rhis

Hey Trevor, after trying out all the alternatives my friends and I have all been using Lackey for the last few years. It's a great program!
Now I'm switching to a deskless solution and try to operate as much as I can with my ps3 pad. Are there any ways to use Lackey with a ps3 controller?

Devante

Quote from: Trevor on July 10, 2015, 02:37:48 PM
Hi. Glad you like the program.
You can just advance and turn back the turn until it says the right name. People don't use anything irl to keep track of who's turn it is so I just added it for people to use or not. You could also spawn a card to move around to show whos turn it is. And if I added a "set it to my turn" button it would complicate the interface which would be more harm than the minor benefit it would bestow, especially since you can accomplish the right player turn by advancing the turn buttons now.

The phase buttons are vertical if they fit vertically. Otherwise they are horizontal and some of the phase names are truncated. If you forced them to be vertical, some of them would be completely invisible. You can allocate more space for the phase buttons in a number of ways. Even if you just see one letter of the phase buttons when they are horizontal that should be enough to tell you which is which. I don't think forcing vertical (and making some off screen) would be an improvement.

Why not an option for you to force phases vertical? No by plugin, just by program. I mean you would know if you wanted them vertical or not so you would be in control.
Having them forced to go horizontal and only show 1 letter of each phase is worse because you can't tell at a glance what phase it is, and it looks terrible.

Also, you have them on the side which is MEANT to be vertical. Not like you have it under the table or above the log.

As for a right-click option to make current turn belong to you, it is VERY helpful.
For instance, in VS you have to know whose turn it is (for initiative) as well as WHICH turn it is (for resource points).

Sure you could spawn a card, but why wouldn't you want your program to function to the best of your abilities?

Anyway, it's your program and we're very happy using it either way. I just thought I'd suggest these things.