Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon TCG Updater has returned

Started by Skye, March 13, 2010, 11:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skye

Not sure if anyone has officially picked these up yet, but I have cooled down from being burnt out and I'm looking to start updating these two again as I used to.

I will be starting up with Pokemon later today.

Skye

Just wanted to add a few things.

1) Please don't email me to ask when something is going to be added. This happened quite a bit last time. Have a bit of patience. I work as fast as I'm able, and will generally post here when updates are available for download.

2) My plans for updating the plugins are as follows:

a) I will first be adding new card sets that have been released but not yet added. This means CARD DATA only. Just so new decks can be designed and you guys can start using the cards.

b) After the card data is updated, only then will I start work on the images and get them uploaded and available. ((Usually this takes about 3-4 days extra at most.))

c) After both plugins are updated to their current states, I will be starting a reformation project on both.
The card data files themselves need a huge overhaul. One known problem I plan to address is the fact that Pokemon TCG cards will only use one image if the card names are similar. This happens mostly with Arceus. I will fix this, so don't pester me about it.
The set files will be fixed, and I will also be adding premade decks in. These decks are similar to those sold in most cases, and will be readily available for you to use at any time.

Those are my plans. I may look for help in the near future in dealing with images. However, I want only for an experienced person  in dealing with plugins, that has a fast connection and is capable of downloading the new card images and uploading them to the FTP server. ((This will include renaming the cards to fit the names I use in the card data files.))

If you feel you meet these qualifications, you may email me at skyetiao@gmail.com. Please include your forum name, any work you've done on plugins in the past, and the time you can dedicate to downloading/uploading images. Also include whether you wish to work on Yugioh, Pokemon TCG, or both.

magekirbys

Skye

Pokemon TCG HeartGold and SoulSilver Base Set have now been updated on the FTP server.

This set has been added under the code "HGSS". Each card is listed in the data file under a unique name, so every image will be used.

The two LEGEND cards are provided as single images. The top and bottom halves are combined so that you can see the card in its entirety. They are listed in the data file under two headings with a (TOP) and (BOTTOM) version of each. ((Keep in mind that both cards must be present to use the Legend in battle.))

There may be an error with one of the "High" resolution images. If you find it, please let me know so that I can reupload the card image.

I will be looking to fix card images in the next update, which may come within the day or so.