Mecha Battle Royale Trading Card Game, Feedback and Playtesters Needed

Started by xdarkgeox, May 28, 2015, 08:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdarkgeox

I made my own card game which has been done for a months now but i only played it in physical form with siblings that actually don't care and haven't gave me any feedback. I just now discovered this program and I have many cards (in alpha form) done but i have only 1 deck is available in lackey because I am awaiting feedback.

Mecha Warriors Trading Card Game and the game is centered piloting a mecha card in which you will use weapon cards to defeat your enemy. You win by making your enemy's general HP to 0 OR destroying any 3 of your enemy's parts (making 3 parts got to 0 HP).

Notes About Current Form

• All cards do not have pictures because I can?t draw for S**t and google does not have good pics for the game.
  • In this form you will have to keep constant notes of your mecha card: General HP, Head HP, and Head EN. You will also keep constant notes of your weapon HP because lacky does not allow more than 9 player stats.
  • Turn requirements are based the turn of individual player (For example: Second player starts turn it is recognized as turn 2 but it is actually  the second player 1st turn so that player can only play 1st turn cards).

This post will contain good knowledge about the game

Rulebook: There is a specific detail rulebook of the game but that usually applies if you haven?t played any card game before. Keep in mind it mostly references the physical form.

Rulebook link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/443pq48vk9iy3tx/Mecha_Battle_Royale_Trading_Card_Game_Rule_Book_Online_Ver.pdf

Deck: The main deck must include 30 cards(which is up to 9 regular weapon cards, and variety of upgrade cards/merge cards/attack cards), the extra weapon deck can include up to 6 cards (which is only unified weapon cards at the moment), and the starting cards which must include the mecha card, 1 regular weapon card, and the "Immediate Attack" card.

Field: The field have two zone on one side of the field which is the attack zone and mecha zone. The attack zone will include all attack cards and the place to briefly place upgrade/merge cards. The mecha zone only consist of the mecha card and weapon cards.

Game Startup: To start up the game, load the decks (Main, Extra Weapons, Startup Cards) and set your mecha card and the weapon card from your side of the field. If a player goes second that player must grab the "Immediate Attack" card from their startup cards to their hand. You will then shuffle your deck and draw 4 cards. Both players can choose to put back up to 4 cards (not including the "Immediate Attack" card) to their deck, shuffle their deck, and draw the same number of cards depending on how many they put back. This can only apply once per game. The first player draws the first card and start the game   

The Mecha Card Information: In this game there are 6 mecha types will each play differently based on the weapons they used and their mecha effects.

• Normal: Can used various of abilities from other mecha card but it is watered down and it requires great energy.
  • Melee: Can stun enemy's weapons for advantage.
  • Machinery: Can impact low damage towards multiple parts with one attack or a single attack can attack more than once
  • Beam: Can gain advantage by destroying enemy's weapons
  • Grunt: Can impact high damage towards general HP but impacts very low damage towards enemy's parts
  • Sniper: Can impact high damage towards a single part with great energy cost and cannot attack general HP

Mecha Card Rules

• If a mecha card part HP hits 0 weapon cards players cannot attach weapon cards to that part
  • If a mecha card EN hits 0 players can attack with attack cards the require the energy less parts or use effects from weapon cards that is attached to that part.
  • That player?s mecha card part EN that is at 0 will regenerate 5 EN every turn after the turn that the EN hits 0 until that player use an attack or when the certain part reaches its original EN. Regeneration can only happen once per part at each game.

The Weapon Card: The weapon card is the main source of attacks because most attack cards require a certain weapon

There are two types of weapon cards

• Regular: Regular weapon cards go in the main deck and is the main source of most attack cards
  • Unified: Unified weapon cards go in the extra weapon deck. Unified need a merge card use and the required weapon on your mecha zone. You need to overlay the required weapon cards and place the unified weapon card on those cards (just like XYZing in yugioh)

Weapon Cards Rules

• No two weapon cards can be attached to the same mecha parts
  • (Edit Crucial Rule) No two weapon cards with the same name cannot be on your mecha zone
  • If a regular weapon card requires multiple parts then the HP is spread through those parts (Example: a weapon card that requires two parts has 4 HP but its HP is 8 because 4 HP is on one part and 4 HP is on the other part)
  • Weapon cards can be returned to the hand once per turn (if you plan on returning multiple cards you must do so at the same time). If you return a weapon card any attack card that requires that returned weapon will be returned to the hand also (even face down attack cards). Reveal your face down attack cards if you return a weapon
  • Unifeid Weapon cards have a single HP not multiple
  • If a weapon card is destroyed send the weapon card itself and any attack cards that require the weapon is sent to your junkyard also.

The Attack Card: The Attack card is needed to impact damage to a player.

Attack Card Rules

• You can only place an attack card on the attack zone if you have the proper weapon on the mecha zone and if you are at or past the turn requirement.
  • When you place an attack card it will first go face down then go face up on your next turn
  • The amount of attack card is based on your current turn and the attack card itself in which the addition of the attack must be equal or less than your current turn. For example if it?s your 3rd turn you can place three 1st turn attack cards from your hand or one 3rd turn attack card from your hand. If the game goes past your 10th turn and you are placing multiple attack cards you cannot place more than the combined turn requirements of 10.

Merge/Upgrade Cards: Upgrade cards is used for general advantage in the game and merge cards is only used for getting out unified weapon cards.

Mecha/Upgrade Card Rules

• Only 1 Upgrade/Merge Card can be used per turn
  • If an Upgrade Card is considered a weapon card it cannot be returned to the hand

I am available for playtesting anytime tomorrow morning or afternoon. My server name is the same as my username.

lacky plugin link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgsn7lrsc3gr52f/Mecha_Battle_Royale_1.1_(LackyCCG_Plugin).rar

xdarkgeox

Due to a lack of interest from me and the community all files of the game (Inc Rulebook) is deleted. The entire game may be revised in the future but now no work is being done. 

ShawnReynolds

This seems like a cool idea, I've never been a huge fan of mechas, but if you decide to work on this again, I would definitely try it, though I'm terrible at reviewing or noticing if there's any flaws lol.

xdarkgeox

Quote from: ShawnReynolds on September 25, 2015, 10:20:36 PM
This seems like a cool idea, I've never been a huge fan of mechas, but if you decide to work on this again, I would definitely try it, though I'm terrible at reviewing or noticing if there's any flaws lol.

I am actually working on another card game which has different game play and is improved from this one. The new game has about less than 50 cards so testers would be appreciated.  The main problem i had with this game is that a game would take up to long so a revision would be needed anyway. If you want i can send you the files and rulebook for you to try out. If you interested of trying my other game or this game (from last form) you can email me at osorio.theg@gmail.com