News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

A quick question about card pools

Started by ZatchBellGamer, May 18, 2015, 07:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZatchBellGamer

Hi, I just have a quick question about the card pools and packs for players... I understand that LackeyCCG has exceptional freedom to perform any action with the user's own option to follow unenforceable guidelines or not.

I was just wondering if it's possible to limit the number of packs that can be opened by players OR if there's a way to check if the players have loaded either A. a card deck from the entire database selection or B. a card deck gathered from their own card POOL... My goal in mind is to allow for tournaments that only accept decks of cards compiled from card pools, thus limiting the cards available and challenging the participants.

I'm assuming the answer to both is no, since LackeyCCG's major aspect is freedom in CCGs without needing to follow boundaries while also providing the option to do so. But I'd just like to know for sure.

KingWhirlie

There isn't a way as far as I can tell, but you can make keep tabs on the card pool in the message log for a game.  You can see which packs were used, so you can put the limit you want and enforce it by manually making sure the wrong packs aren't used.  However I don't think there is a way to know whether a deck has been loaded from a priorly saved deck or card pool or from the available card pool that is formed on the spot and kept track of.