News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Advanced scripting by card type

Started by dereks16, February 16, 2014, 02:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dereks16

HI, I have been reading through everything I can find about the scripting, and I have a lot of basic stuff worked out liek counter manipulaiton, but I am struggling with a desired feature.

I'd like to be able to generalize the Spawn feature to a random card of a certain type rather than a specifically named card or token.

Instead of Spawn Pizza

I'd like to be able to say Spawn Food(random) or something like that. It could then look through all the cards with type = food and pick one, and summon it. So maybe it'd spawn pizza, or maybe it would spawn chicken or ice cream, etc. (these are just random examples, I'm not making a food game lol)

This seems like a really powerful feature and I am sure many would make use of it and I would have suspected many of the games already implemented would be using it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Trevor

You can't current spawn something based on some criteria, but thats a good idea.

awillis228

Has any progress been made on this one?  This would be great.  I know that you can spawn a card by name, but there are many more properties on cards that could be targeted.  I have a plugin where I have separated the cards out by type, but that causes multiple gamezones/deckzones and this makes building and loading decks cumbersome.
Thanks!!!