News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What games are everyone playing?

Started by meepo64, March 08, 2015, 08:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meepo64

I've returned to Lackey after being gone for awhile. What games are played most often? I've tried Duel Masters (no plugin still), wow tcg and lotr ccg (decipher), but no games are being played. Does anyone play any of these games? I know Magic is always popular, but what other games are being played?

AuraDragon

A lot of people play Weiss Schwarz ("WS" plugin), Force of Will, and Vampire: The Eternal Struggle ("vtes" plugin), Zombie, Pokemon, 52 Playing Cards and Chess.

I don't remember where all the plugins' links are.

meepo64

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to take a look at some of those games. Was hopeful to find a place to play wow tcg and fullmetal alchemist tcg and maybe harry potter, but looks like basically no one plays these games here, or on tradecardsonline...oh well.

KingWhirlie

i play star wars ccg.  its the plugin with the folder sw.  There are two games, tcg and lcg but i play the ccg. i also dont play up to date games with virtual cards because i dont wanna learn the rules, so ive been slowly picking up the rulses as i play with a friend. so if you wanna play sometime let me know.  i wont be able to play for awhile.  ive never seen anyone else playing though.  it is probably one of the more complicated games to play, but man is it satisfying.

Ascott29

Magic TG, Pokemon, Yugioh, tryin to figure out Weiss Schwarz, hoping Buddyfight and Vanguard get updated to be playable on Lackey, and yeah that's it for me.

meepo64

Thanks for the replies from everyone! I had tried Star Wars tcg before, and yes it is complicated. Would have to get the energy to go back through the rules. I do enjoy playing Magic, but have not dabbled in many of the recent expansions. I still play but with older cards (Ravnica, Guildpact, etc.). Because of its complexity, I'm opting for the more automated form of the game online.  The same is true for Yu-Gi-Oh, so I tend to play it on YGoPro online.

I've been looking at, and trying to learn, Cardfight Vanguard. I would just need someone who knows the game to have patience to teach me the game. Playing Pokemon is fun, I've just been using the official online version of the game. Think I may get that plugin for Lackey next.  I would always be up to a game of Duel Masters, but can't find a plugin for it, so am playing it on tradecardsonline.com.

Thanks again for the replies.

AuraDragon

Quote from: meepo64 on March 19, 2015, 11:33:42 PMDuel Masters

I used to help maintain that plugin, but it's been long deserted and all the links and backups that I know are dead.

Quote from: Ascott29 on March 10, 2015, 01:07:03 PMWeiss Schwarz

If you are having difficulties installing the plugin you can post your problem on the mirror's thread and I'll help if I can.

Otep3210

Raw Deal, DC Deck Building and Smash Up.

magekirbys

Man remember when we could actually see what games everyone was playing and not needing to ask on the forums? Those were the times...

Ascott29

Quote from: magekirbys on April 07, 2015, 05:47:48 PM
Man remember when we could actually see what games everyone was playing and not needing to ask on the forums? Those were the times...

right? *nudge nudge Trevor*

AuraDragon

If you copy a plugin like War3000 and rename that copy to a plugin's name, such as "vtes" or what-have-you, Lackey will think you have that plugin installed and will show you who is playing it.

I don't think Trevor wants the names of plugins to be shown as I've heard that there are some people who official test commercial card games on Lackey, that only makes me more curious though!  ;D  *helps nudge*

magekirbys

Quote from: Snoogy on April 08, 2015, 01:22:51 AM
If you copy a plugin like War3000 and rename that copy to a plugin's name, such as "vtes" or what-have-you, Lackey will think you have that plugin installed and will show you who is playing it.

I don't think Trevor wants the names of plugins to be shown as I've heard that there are some people who official test commercial card games on Lackey, that only makes me more curious though!  ;D  *helps nudge*

I know that , it requires actually knowing all the names of plugins and ensuring you've spelt them EXACTLY as they've been listed.There's like 3 versions of vtes around as it is (VTES,vtes and vtes with other stuff attached to it) You'll also be unable to actually notice any new plugin that gets created unless you know about it on the forums or somehow hear someone talk about it in the mostly dead chat.

People who wanted to test official card games had plenty of ways before without needing to have everyone stuck in a perpetual fog of war.
If they REALLY wanted nobody to know about it , they could have just gave it a bogus name or used a peer 2 peer so it doesn't even show up on the main server. Possibly passwords too. ... i'll stop ranting now.