News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

pack definitions swccg

Started by KingWhirlie, February 13, 2015, 06:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingWhirlie

so i am trying to redo the pack definitions.  I want to try to recreate, as best as possible, the actual rarity distibutions for the sets.  The main struggle is with the Premiere, A New Hope, and Hoth sets. I don't know how to get the probabilties input properly.

I've been using hoth for testing because it is slightly simpler than premiere, but its essentially the same.  Rarities are R1, R2, U1, U2, C1, C2, C3.  Also, there are Light and Dark Side cards.  Each pack has 15 cards: 1 Rare, 4 Uncommon, 10 Common.

The distribution goes:
Rares: Out of 78 cards for each side there are 30(15 X 2) R1's and 48(12 x 4) R2's. If one were to get a booster box, the rares would alternate light and dark.  A booster box has 36 packs, so each side would have 18 light side rares and 18 dark side rares.  It would be cool to have packs alternate but if its not possible thats fine.  This idea of alternating rares is consistent through all of the sets.  It makes the practicality of choosing packs easier.  When I play, I choose a side and if I don't have the right amount of rares from my packs, then Ill have to repick card pools for an even amount of rares each time.  Some sort of alternating function would simplify things. 
Uncommons: Out of 78 cards for each side there are 30(15 X 2) U1's and 48(12 x 4) U2's. 2 for each side in a pack.

Commons: Out of 100 cards for each side there are 10(5 cards X 2 times) C1's, 84(21 cards X 4 times) C2's, and 6(1 card x 6 times) C3's.  Each side has 5 cards in a pack.  So the probability would be 10-84-6 for 5 cards. 

If someone could put together the hoth definition, i can apply it to the others.  Ive tried to figure it out but i cant think of how to do it without making a super complicated code.

I appreciate any help!