News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New Update for Mac keeps crashing as i open it

Started by MrPeoplesTeam, September 23, 2014, 11:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPeoplesTeam

Not sure why this is happening. old lackey opens fine but when i go to connect it tells me to update, so i download the updated version and it crashes instantly before I can click the "do not show at start up" option for the tutorial pop-up

Is this happening to anyone else on Mac?

EDIT: I also just downloaded the newest IOS software for it 10.9.5

Disciple of Doran

I'm having the same issue, but when I put up a thread it got moved to an old timestamp somehow.

EDIT:  And now the thread I started on this appears to have been removed completely.  Still, I know Trevor spoke on it, so even if we don't know what the issue is yet he does know it's a thing.

SLOWRIOT4ZK

Ever since the last update (meaning in the last 15 minutes), I have been having a somewhat similar problem on my MacBook. I can open the program and log in to the server, but after I type about 3 words into any chat or search box, the program crashes. It's really strange, and I have no idea what's causing it (whether it's my plugin, the update, my messy computer, etc.), but it worked wonderfully before this. I would appreciate any help with this.

IkeLawliet

I'm having the exact same issue. My MacOS is updated, and the previous iteration of Lackey worked just fine. The new one crashes after 5-10secs for me. Don't really see the need for the update, or why the old one can't be allowed online, that'd be fine by me.

Disciple of Doran

Something interesting I've noticed is that the time before the program crashes seems to fluctuate greatly.  Sometimes it will take upwards of 10 seconds after the window has opened, other times it will crash before the window has even had time to come up at all.  Hope that helps with troubleshooting!

Trevor

If you launch lackey and then don't touch the mouse or keyboard at all, does it crash?
I think there might be an issue with the passive mouse over function (which is what runs when you move the cursor over something without clicking anything).
Could someone please test if the crash happens when you move the cursor over a particular type of object?

Can someone please message me on Skype (trevoragnitti) so I can troubleshoot this?

pickleishopeless

I have tested as much as I can.  If I click quickly I prevent the crash, but eventually passive mouseover happens and I crash

Just a note.  I spoke to you (TREVOR) via IM last night and you provided a fresh download for testing.  Let me know if you want to reengage and we can work through some stuff if needed.

cokenim

its exactly as you say, when i click the mouse to select anything the game crash.

pickleishopeless

Also another note: The OSX download doesn't provide a last updated call out on the downloads page.  I would think that each separate operating system version should share the most recent update date, as they are not always released on the same day.

Trevor

I am working on this and I think I will have a fix ready to post later today.

pickleishopeless

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on September 24, 2014, 01:57:18 PM
I am working on this and I think I will have a fix ready to post later today.
I think I fixed it. Please confirm.

http://www.lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGMac.zip

SLOWRIOT4ZK

Yep, mine seems to be working fine now. Thanks Trevor, you are a miracle.

Disciple of Doran