News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Another odd idea...

Started by netfirecat, January 21, 2010, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fian

I can get it to draw face down to the table. (The card can be peeked at by anyone) I can't get the card from the table to someone elses hand. Even using the "change owner" card function, It adds a tag saying controlled but you still can't take it into your hand.

Seems like card ownership is the issue.

Tokimo

Quote from: Tokimo on January 23, 2010, 12:59:20 PM
Oh... I'm wrong. I just tried this and you can't steal another players cards... X_X

There is no way to play 52-card games. Alas!

Flan is correct. You can not place into your hand a card that was loaded by another player. Kinda unfortunate since I could imagine games where you could steal cards (even if only for the game).

topgun879

I played munchkin a lot during my sophomore year of high school but I haven't gotten a chance to pick it back up. I'm glad to see some others have already been working on trying to form a plugin and a way to play it.

I dabbled in programming (C+ and Basic) in college but never much further. Who could be one to talk about designing a stand alone version of Lackey that could play single deck games. Or maybe even an option in Lackey that could play single deck games.

For example the plugin could give an option under the card image (above the players) that is just called [Deck]: and whoever is hosting the room loads the deck?

Thoughts?

netfirecat

Trevor is a member of this site, he's the actual programmer, speak with him.

topgun879

netfirecat

I'm only asking this because i'm unable to do it: Could i get someone to write a 'multiple-in one' or single games. If possible, both, preferable an all in one. Chess, checkers, orthello, go, Monopoly, scrabble. I understand players must use a standardized board or a background with the same grid overlaid whatever pic they wanted.

Basilisk

Quote from: Legend Zero on January 23, 2010, 01:49:13 PM
But you could have a DEALER of sorts. Have one player put the cards on the table and another pick them up and put them into their hand. Only thing needed would be a face-down draw command.

If you hold CTRL while dragging a card from somewhere, it is face down when you let go.