News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

ALTERNATIVE MTG PLAY

Started by Laborde, December 20, 2013, 04:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laborde

HI there, Laborde here with just a brief idea of a fun alternative way to playing MTG.
As I am sure, Many of those who follow the MTG game in anyway, probably have heard of some of the alternative play styles that have been created by wizards or Even Players. Like EDH or Archenemy or Planechase!

well here is an idea a few friends of mine and I have been playing and testing around. We have no idea yet what to call it but here is the run down of how you play.

Gameplay: Gameplay continues as usual, same attacking,tapping etc!

Difference in gameplay is!
1: You start the game with 40 Life.

2: colorless mana is payed with LIFE! and life only.
for example: staff of the fire magus costs (3) colorless mana, therefore costing 3 life to cast.
cards with a colored mana cost would cost x amount of life. where x = colorless mana cost and then you pay whatever colors remain with the correct land type and or mana.

Cards with x in the mana cost can be payed with a combination of life or Mana!

3: once per turn during your main phase 1 or 2 you may exile a card from your hand and gain life equal to its converted mana cost.

I think this gameplay allows for cards that usually almost never see play, GET PLAY! also it adds for a whole new fun aspect and outlook of the game!
OF COURSE there will be a banned or limited list, because some combos are just to BROKEN.
right now testing out gameplay we are debating if cards like sanguine bond will have a legal standing or trigger with the exile to life concept. ALSO current banlist/limited list consists of only a few cards as to we are still testing.
AT THE MOMENT ONLY MODERN cards are legal.

banned list:
Umezawa's Jitte
Dark Depths
Biorhythm
Felidar Sovereign
Lichs Tomb
limited list: (can only have 1 copy in deck)
Green Sun's Zenith
Griselbrand
Painter's Servant
Panoptic Mirror
Sway of the Stars
Worldfire
ALL ELDRAZI SPELLS!

netfirecat

This actually looks like a viable format...

Laborde

if anyone wants to test it out with me send me a PM :D And thank you!