New Game loading wrong cards after updating from Mac 9/15/13 to 10/19/13 ver

Started by mikebuffington, January 17, 2014, 09:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikebuffington

I've got a plugin that I've made that worked great on the 9/15/13 version. I just updated to 10/19/13 and now the cards are completely out of order in decks, table, etc. though they are consistent every time I load a New Game. Did something change with the way ID numbers were handled? I couldn't find an updated change log or see any other similar errors in the forum.

Trevor

Alastair

What exactly do you mean by out of order? Are they not sorting according to whichever field you choose? Are the images not matching the cards? More detail would be helpful in solving this.

mikebuffington

The plugin is a digital copy of Back to the Future (like Chrononauts) by Looney Labs from cards I have scanned from my physical copy of the game.

A "New Game" from my Start file has two dozen 'timeline' cards on the table in an order, 4 deckzones (ID,  timeline, deck, etc.), 8 gamezones (4 start out empty, 4 populated with cards).

The same copy of my plugin still works in the older version (which I kept) and behaves differently in this newer version. Starting a new game in the old version has, for example, all the timeline cards on the table, in order. Starting a new game with the exact same plugin files in the new LackeyCCG, the timeline is mostly action cards and ID cards, in random order but in the correct x,y position on the table. The gamezones that start out populated, the ID gamezone for example, are not just ID cards but deck cards, timeline cards, and some ID cards.

To set up the game without using the "New Game" function, I used to load a deck in the Deck Editor and then "load to shared" but that command seem to have disappeared in this new version and I only see "load entire deck to you". I'd start everything over again, but I can't even seem to load the cards to do so...

in the Start.txt file, the table, for example has cards like this:

<table>
<card><id>5</id><isturnedover>1</isturnedover><x>0.09</x><y>0.75</y></card>
<card><id>6</id><isturnedover>1</isturnedover><x>0.24</x><y>0.75</y></card>
<card><id>7</id><isturnedover>1</isturnedover><x>0.39</x><y>0.75</y></card>
<card><id>4</id><isturnedover>1</isturnedover><x>-0.06</x><y>0.75</y></card>
</table>

I'm guessing it's something to do with the <id> tag in the Start.txt file. How are the <id> numbers assigned? I don't think I have assigned ID numbers to the cards in any files/preferences. Does Lackey do that? Has this newer version changed something in relation to this? If the <id> tags have gotten jumbled, then that would explain why I have the right amount of cards in the right places but the cards themselves are not the cards they should be. I am pretty sure my carddata.txt file is correct, since the cards are showing up with the correct images and text associated with them when viewing the cards in the Deck Editor of either version of LackeyCCG

Here's the first 4 lines of that document:
Name   Set   ImageFile   Type   Copies   Text
A-1: Hill Valley Still Needs a New Blacksmith   Timeline   TimelineAlt_A-1.png,Timeline_A-1.png   RipplePoint   1   
A-2: Clara Clayton Falls into Ravine   Timeline   TimelineAlt_A-2.png,Timeline_A-2.png   Linchpin   1   
A-3: Buford Shoots the Blacksmith   Timeline   TimelineAlt_A-3.png,Timeline_A-3.png   Linchpin   1   

Any thoughts?

(Edit: I expanded the + icon to find the "load to shared" button. At least I can now redo the start file... the question still remains as to what changed.)

mikebuffington

I discovered the reason. The cards get their <id></id> numbers from 0 to X where X is the total number of cards. The 9/15/13 version of LackeyCCG was showing card 0 as "Alpha" and card X as "Omega" and the 10/19/13 version shows card 0 as "Omega" and card X as "Alpha." So I just had to reload the cards into gamezones and save a new start file, and for the cards on the table, I had to go into the XML structure and replace the ID numbers by hand.