News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New to Lackey CCG - a few q's

Started by Steelspawn, February 05, 2010, 08:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelspawn

Well I downloaded and installed lackey last night, followed the tutorials and everything seems to be going well however I had a couple of initial questions.

Do both players have to download all the images before they play or is it taken from one persons downloads and updated that way?
I installed the Raw Deal plug-in however no images seem to load at all. Is this a problem with the plug-in? The others seem to work fine.
When people update the various sets is it simply a matter of running the update.txt file?
Do all games have the 'open packs' option? I think that is a fantastic idea.

next up i am going to try and read up how to create my own plug-ins and give that a try myself

excellent work to all those involved!

aardvark

You don't have to dl the images beforehand but maybe you want to if you're not short on storage. When your opponent plays a card that you don't have the image for it should automatically grab it for you.

If no images are loaded then you might try updating it. Look at the card images that you have and see if they're blank or not. It could just be the plugin. It happens. Most of the ones that I have tried do seem to work fine as you mentioned.

Now don't quote me but I don't think that all of them have the open pack option. It's only if the maintainer implements it.

d'accord - Great job, Trevor!

Steelspawn

Is it possible to take someones made plug-in and simply create a pack option? Would that effect the plug-ins that people have created?

Tyril132

Quote from: Steelspawn on February 05, 2010, 08:57:18 PM
Is it possible to take someones made plug-in and simply create a pack option? Would that effect the plug-ins that people have created?

Technically yes, though other players would be unable to utilize the feature without being distributed the modified version of the plug-in, and any attempt to update the plug-in via Lackey would result in the plug-in modifications being overwritten.

I'd contact whomever's in charge of the plug-in in question, if anyone. They may either be working on the feature, willing to add it, or willing to apply your modifications to the current plug-in version if they find that everything checks out okay.