News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Community Game: Rules & Mechanics

Started by aardvark, February 02, 2010, 11:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuck

OH CRAP, I thought the game just stopped. But the thread was just moved. Im gonna have to see what you all got and give my 2cents now. Wow sorry for the lack of input on my part.

Ripplez

QuoteI used a temporary hand mainly because it turned out that way while I was trying to interpret the phase structure of your post. Feel free to rewrite the phase part, by the way. What if, to fix the lack of instants, you could play card from you temporary hand into a permanent hand.

thats why i brought up spell speed. we can always just add spell speed to skill cards and clan cards and things

the document points are to give incentive to actually place documents down, since placing them also makes them vulnerable, at least you get a benefit for it

Ripplez

so.... when do we decide if this is a version to keep?

aardvark

well, put in yer own 2 cents, wot?

I say that this version works for me. I'm pretty sure that sneaselx is a'right with it. That leaves you and theBuck (if he has anything else to add).

TheBuck

TheBuck is having a hard time digging the feel of this game. From what TheBuck has read it sounds like it would be playable and not to broken as of now.

Ripplez

i dont mind. like i said, the base seems good and anythign that doesnt work can be ironed out in playtesting, like the temporary hand stuff and things

TheBuck

Get rid of the Satellite Base save that for a diff update. Don't want to bog people down.

Strength should not be how much EQ someone can carry. Each char should have a max of EQs allowed. I can see Strength being abused right off the bat.

Trap cards should only be placed face down then turned up during certain actions. What good is a trap if someone can see what it is before hand? Not much of a trap if you ask me.

There should be Stronghold only EQs say like "Alarm System"

Not all events should be whole game, some should conclude once X is met.

All allys should be unique.

Some of my card ideas.
Trap
Damn Dogs:
Flip once an opponents ally enters your Stronghold.
Guard dogs swarm the target and remove him from the stronghold.
-----
Ally
Big Bad Buck
Big Bad Buck can cancel out one trap once per turn at the cost of one win point.
-----
Event
Fakes!
Play only if opponent would win this turn.
Any win points that were won turn out to be fake. No points awarded.
-----
EQ
Make Shift Weapon
May only be played at rocky locals.
Retrieve a discarded weapon from your discard pile and play it on target ally. The weapons stats are half of what they are normally.

These are just some simple ideas so you guys can see how my mind works.