News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

URGENT - Game Stopping BUG

Started by Jynks, August 17, 2013, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

The tokens are no longer showing a text increment when you add more of them.

So if you add 1 token you get the token image, if you add 10 tokens you do not get the text saying ten.. you just have the token image by itself. This is occurring in all the plugins I have tried. making it impossible to play any of the games.

Jynks

Hmm, turns out that I can get teh fonts to show.. but just increasing there size. The default settings were to small.

Seams there have been some changes to the text ..

1) When you add a single token we now get the "1" showing... we used to have the numbers only start to show after the 2nd token was placed. This a small issue, well not really an issue.. but I preferred the old way.

2) This one IS an issue... The text colours no longer functions. If you set a image for the "red" counter then the text on top of it is also red. This is really bad. Having the ability to use text of a different colour is vital for readability as you want to choose a text colour that contrasts well and is easy to see. For example, your default orange tokens have orange text and a=can not be read. My damage tokens are little explosions in Star Wars and the text shows red, making them hard to see.

I strongly think that a return to text colours is needed in the worst way! Or at least if you can already do this then tell me how..

This is the code I was using...

<cardfunction><label>Yellow+1</label><kind>ADDCOUNTER</kind><color>yellow</color><textoverimagecolor>000000</textoverimagecolor><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton><PositionX>.1</PositionX><PositionY>.55</PositionY></cardfunction>

How can we set the text colour like before?

Trevor

I have been working on the way tokens show. IM me some time and we can talk about improvements.

The old way allowed 3 options: text only, text over an image, and images only. I removed the text only option.

The text over image version currently just draws the text in black over the counter image. I made it do black text only and made it right on top of the image because I wanted to make sure that there was contrast. A problem that arose with the text only option was it allowed text to be drawn over a card image that provided no contrast, at least at some times. This made the text unreadable at some times.

For users who select the text over image display option (which is the default display option), I would like to give plugin makers the option of defining both the color of the text and the placement of the text in relation to the image (so you can make it offset from the image if you want), however, it seems like this would allow a plugin maker to make a text render without something underneath it to provide contrast.

These are very easy and quick changes to implement, but I don't think I should make them unless I can assure that there will be contrast so text can be read.

If you have suggests for the default text size for card counters, let me know. Note that the font size applies to the card as it is drawn off the table (such as in a hand zone). The size of the font as it is rendered on a card on the table is determined by the card appearance preferences, which sets the size of the counter text based on the percentage of the card it is on. Note that the font size chosen does affect the sharpness of the card counters while on the table, but their size is determined by the card percentage preference.

This is a new system, and I am open to suggestions. In retrospect, I should have used black as the default color for text over image, but I should have honored a plugin maker's choice to use <textoverimagecolor>000000</textoverimagecolor> and use the color they specify. More in retrospect, I should have just let people define counters however they chose rather than making one a "red counter" and one a "blue counter" et cetera. Due to this legacy issue, I think while the code may think of a BLUE counter as BLUE, plugin makers will be able to use it for pink or purple or red or whatever.

I thought I still didn't draw the text unless there was 2 or more counters. Are things not working like that now? That was not something I intended to change because I also prefer it like that.

EDIT: On closer inspection, the counters seem not to be displaying properly now. I will investigate.

Trevor

Quote from: Tragic on August 17, 2013, 05:41:02 PM
<cardfunction><label>Yellow+1</label><kind>ADDCOUNTER</kind><color>yellow</color><textoverimagecolor>000000</textoverimagecolor><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton><PositionX>.1</PositionX><PositionY>.55</PositionY></cardfunction>
I just tested it and that appears to be working in the version I will release tomorrow.

Trevor

Let me know if there are any more problems with today's build.

bunz

QuoteLet me know if there are any more problems with today's build.

I got the message "Your version of LackeyCCG is outdated. Please update from lackeyccg.com's downloads section, or run LackeyCCG Updater.exe"

QuoteMacOSX most recent:
Last updated: Aug 18 12:30
File Size: 7.045 MB.
Note this version should be downloaded if you have Mac OS 10.3 or greater.
DOWNLOAD Mac OSX Beta, LackeyCCGBetaMac.zip

So this is the newest Version.

Trevor

I made a mistake. Note that I uploaded the wrong mac version if you downloaded the mac version prior to around 5:20PM EST  today, you have an outdated Lackey.

I blame everyone but myself.

bunz