News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

lackey not working

Started by KingWhirlie, July 10, 2013, 01:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingWhirlie

Hi, so I had Lackey downloaded on my computer and then when I updated it, it was last week when everything was down so I saved my plugins and took the whole program off, and re-downloaded.  Now lackey doesn't work.  I can open it, but it won't save profiles, find plugins or find the server list to connect to the server.  I play on windows.  Is there anything that I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks

Trevor

You try the current version from 7/1/13?

KingWhirlie

Yeah that was when I started having trouble.  I downloaded the June 26th version last week and played a game without any problems, then when the7/1/13 version came out.  It won't work anymore.  So with the stuff going on last weekend, I wiped everything but my plugins.  Redownloaded it, and there seems to be multiple things wrong now.  Everytime I turn it on, it brings up the tutorial box, and even though I say never show at startup, in the log it says "can't save prefs."  My profile doesn't save.  And then in the folder the serverlist.txt file isn't there.  So I cannot connect to the server.  I even copy my plugins into the folder marked plugins and when I "Browse installed plugins," I see them, but when I choose them, it just takes me back to the table with the default plugin.

I do have windows 8, but why would the earlier version work and not this one?  So I'm just confused about it.

Trevor

Quote from: KingWhirlie on July 11, 2013, 12:56:06 AM
Yeah that was when I started having trouble.  I downloaded the June 26th version last week and played a game without any problems, then when the7/1/13 version came out.  It won't work anymore.  So with the stuff going on last weekend, I wiped everything but my plugins.  Redownloaded it, and there seems to be multiple things wrong now.  Everytime I turn it on, it brings up the tutorial box, and even though I say never show at startup, in the log it says "can't save prefs."  My profile doesn't save.  And then in the folder the serverlist.txt file isn't there.  So I cannot connect to the server.  I even copy my plugins into the folder marked plugins and when I "Browse installed plugins," I see them, but when I choose them, it just takes me back to the table with the default plugin.

I do have windows 8, but why would the earlier version work and not this one?  So I'm just confused about it.
It kind of sounds like it isn't being granted write permissions by your operating system. Is it in a place that you can write to? Try running the exe as administrator? When you manually save the preferences (from the main menu), does your preferences text files get modified then?

KingWhirlie

Yep, that worked!  Thanks sir!!