News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Chaotic

Started by Howl, January 30, 2010, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Does anyone wanna help make a quick Chaotic Plugin or if there is one out there ... to update it.

mathman1550

If I remember right, every copy of a Chaotic card is unique (ie if you have Maxor and your friend has Maxor all the stats would be different). This would make the plugin hard to do since you would have to find scans of each card and stick with only the stats on the specific card.

Tokimo

You could name the cards something like Maxor (403) and just have 500 Maxor cards. But the plugin would still be a PITA.

Howl

or we could use just one copy of each card and everyone would have to deal with itevery card has the same effect but some creatures have different stats but not a big diff. so i doubt it will be a big deal if we use one copy of maxor instead of having like 5 different versions. plus i have creatures that are exactly the same as its copy sooo... idk

legend zero

Problem is that randomness on the cards is one of the major drawing points of the game, so saying "Nope, deal with it" would be a pretty big fail, IMO.

Trevor

Each card is unqiue? How very chaotic. Maybe use some sort of formula? That must be a pain when telling your friend what your deck list is. You would need to list every stat.

Or are there merely a small and finite amount of variations? Like "Trevor A", "Trevor B", "Trevor C" and so on?

Howl

true but every cards stats may be different. but only by a difference of 5-15 like 40 speed on one card and 45 on another its not a ig diff. and the only problem i see wqith the listing of every possible card like Trev a trev b trev c is it would make the plugin 3x bigger.

Snooby

There is no easy easy (at least in Lackey) to create random cards :(

I created and released a Chaotic plugin, called Chaotic_Test or something like that, so if you can find that then you have a head-start. There was no randomness on the cards in the test release as it was focused on gameplay testing.

The cards were created using my Card Generator program (i.e. templates with the card stats added at runtime) so you will need a copy of the plugin that has those images included, instead of using generic templates available on the WWW. Creating a new set with "random" stats wouldn't be too difficult, but as each player needs a copy of the same cards then you have big problems.

The easiest solution, although still open to a bit of cheating, is to use some form of pack generator (either inside or outside of Lackey).

Howl

Lol.. I was jk about the deal with it factor but yesss.. This game would seem incredibly difficult to create a plugin for.. Soo... I've decided.. Not to.. I'm designing 3 new games at the mmnt. Juss dnt have enuff time. Heh.. Thanks thow..