News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New Idea for Online CCG...

Started by Qunify, January 28, 2010, 01:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qunify

Hey all -

I am currently in the process of creating a major online CCG that you can play on Facebook.  The art is beautiful, the rules are simple, and the action is swift.  We are 2 months into engineering and should launch in April.

We showed our concept to a major company and they want us to create a new, custom CCG for them.  So, I thought I'd tap the brains of you all to see if you "like" what we are thinking so far.

You begin the game by choosing your Civilization; Aztecs, Mayans, Romans, Persians, Incas, and Egyptians.  Then you choose your "Class": Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Noble, Ranger,

Cards consist of characters, items, and powers. The game is played asynchronously, so no "instants". You can have cards that only Aztecs can play, or you can have cards that only Warriors can play.  And sometimes, there will even be cards that only Aztec Warriors can play.  Of course there will be neutral cards as well that anyone can play. 

You play the role of an adventurer.  As you move through the game, you must complete missions to unlock new content. In essence, this game is a CCRPG.

I can't really get into the nitty gritty of how the game works, but we are creating a "quick-pace" game in that battles should take only 5 - 7 minutes.   

Does this sound fun?  There are other ideas we have but this seemed to fit well into what we are trying to accomplish (which is a broad appeal game that both casual and hardcore players will enjoy).  Thanks for your much appreciated input.

Ripplez

is this suposed to be played against someone else?

what does asynchronosly mean in this context?

actually a 5-7 min battle is pretty long.... but if its turn based and can be picked up and dropped, then itd matter more how many turns each battle takes rathr than the actual time limit. is that the case? thats the vibe i got form yor description :S

Qunify

Quote from: Ripplez on January 28, 2010, 01:58:44 PM
is this suposed to be played against someone else?

what does asynchronosly mean in this context?

actually a 5-7 min battle is pretty long.... but if its turn based and can be picked up and dropped, then itd matter more how many turns each battle takes rathr than the actual time limit. is that the case? thats the vibe i got form yor description :S

What I mean by asynchronously is that play A takes a turn and then Player B takes a turn.  So there are no such things as Player A taking a turn and then his actions are "interrupted" by Player B by an "instant" card. 

While it is turn-based, there is no plan to "save" a game where you can leave and come back to play later.  With 5 minute games, I personally don't see that as an issue.  People on average spend 20 minutes on social networks at a time... so on that metric you'd be able to fit 3 - 4 games within that 20-minute increment. 

There is no timer... you are correct in that the length of game depends on how many turns it takes to defeat your enemy.  However, on average a game lasts 5 - 7 minutes.  There is a time limit per turn however of 45 seconds.

Also, the game has both PvP and PvE.

Cyrus

I think ripz thought you meant Battle as in a Battle within the game, not Battle as in the game itself

Tokimo

Historical battles hold very little interest to me, but I think the game mechanics sound reasonable and like someone else might like them. I think removal of game interruption will make the game faster, which seems to be your goal. I think players will perceive it as less tactical, but I don't think that's inherently true.

If there's a PvE mode it seems like some sort of saved progression would be nice.

reelhotgames

I haver voiced this opinion on several occassions, but the idea of cards "only a... (insert type here) can play really annoys me as a player. I think having bonuses or using a type with a specific card is okay, but having completely useless cards if not using a certain type just bothers me, because you basically have to then create functionally similiar cards for every type, and that's a waste of art, time and effort. Otherwise I liek the rest fo what you have going on. Cheers.