News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

General greeting

Started by Ziadross, June 19, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziadross

Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forum scene and I'm very excited to become a member. In truth, this is the first forum I've browsed that I actually felt compelled to join. I look forward to discussing the program and game design.

Regarding how I ended up here, I found it at the end of a long and frustrating search for a virtual tabletop engine for card games. I'd spent weeks searching the web for an application I could use to create and playtest the games I've been working for the past few years. I'm not entirely surprised that the number of programs available for the task is severely lacking. More surprising is the fact that LackeyCCG is nowhere near the top of that list. It looks like this community has been active for roughly five years. I can hardly believe that it isn't one of the most popular utilities for tabletop gaming considering how full featured and easy to use it is. I had to dig through countless search engines and forums to find this site. It easily outperforms similar programs such as Apprentice and what not. Some things I'll never understand.

Regardless, now that I've found it I'm very grateful. I've become well acquainted with its use in around two days time. My work's firewalls won't allow me to access the server (until I find a work around...) so I haven't been able to test the live play feature yet. I'll get to that eventually. I've found the tutorials to be well laid out and informative and I'm already working on a couple plugins. In closing, this application has more for my designs in two days than anything I've tried before. I'm excited to see where I can go as a designer and member of the community.

Cheers,
Ziadross

Gordon228

welcome and you can do pretty much anything relating to card/board games