News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card image limit to 1000

Started by voridor, June 14, 2013, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voridor

Hi.
A simple question: the limit for the images is set to 500 and can be set up to 1000. I understand that this limit exist to prevent memory issues.

Let's say one does not have memory issues and needs more than 1000 cards to be displayed, is it possible to increase the limit? In which way?

I use lackey to play Star Trek CCG in solo, with my own rules, but I need many many cards to be displayed, 1000 just isn't enough.

Can you help me please? I really need to increase the limit by many thousands...

Thank you!

Iceclaw

Perhaps only allow the editing of a larger limit via the INI manually, and only expose 1000 as an allowed number in the regular preference box?

There are times where I'd like to have more than 1000 loadable cards.

Trevor

This is 1000 unique card images at a time. I don't even think 1000 cards would fit on the table. At a fast pace of laying out a card every second, it would take over 16 minutes just to drag every card onto the table a single time. If you think 1000 unique cards is not a realistic limit, please send me a screenshot. Maybe there is a better way to do that.

Remember that you can have more card images, but after you hit 1000, lackey will start unloading the least recently used card image.

voridor

I use 4 players to stack card decks. I don't have 1000 card "on the table" but I have more than 1000 adding the ones on the table to every other one on all tabs on every player...

As a result the cards on the table are always shown correctly, but it happens from time to time that I draw a card from one of the many side decks and that has no image. Then I need to save and reload the game.

For my purposes a loading time of half an hour isn't a matter, as long as I can use every image avalaible (Star Trek CCG 1st edition ha got about 3500 cards)