New version of Lackey soon to be official. Please test it!

Started by Trevor, April 21, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Snoogy on April 25, 2013, 05:51:28 PM
Lackey crashes at startup if you remove the last used plugin (the one it opens on startup).

Lackey also locks up (it doesn't crash and windows doesn't say it's not responding, also the dropdown selections still highlight when I mouse over them) when I try to change a type of search filter like "Name contains" to another that is below the original type like "Text contains".
Fixed. 4/26/13

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on April 24, 2013, 01:06:22 PM
The search function is a mess in this version
Sometimes work, sometimes no and sometimes block the entire GUI.
Fixed. 4/26/13

Trevor

Quote from: Snoogy on April 23, 2013, 10:55:13 PM
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Graphics: ATI Catalyst Controls, 5800 series

When Lackey starts for the first time, the top of the window is outside my screen making me unable to move the window or even change tabs with the mouse, I managed to move the window with my keyboard and continued.

After loading a plugin from file for the first time, right after starting Lackey for the first time, the top of the contents inside the window was chopped off, resizing the window fixes this.

Then I noticed that the playing field wasn't entirely visible, so I pressed the + button to expand (even though it was already expanded?) the top popout menu to fix that, and then I noticed the bottom popout menu was also already expanded even though the button was looking like it a + as well.

These errors are not recreatable without reinstalling the test version of Lackey.
Fixed. 4/26/13. Please confirm if this fix works for you.

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on April 23, 2013, 12:50:11 AM
Just played a few games with the new version of Lackey (Mac OS X 10.7.5, Lackey 04-21-13). Here are some of my observations:

• If no card image is available, Lackey used to show a text box with the card infos (without checking the "Text" checkbox); this does not work at the moment
I will put that back.
  • Lackey does not honor keyboard settings and there is no way to switch keyboard layout from qwerty to e.g. qwertz (I tried different fonts to check for missing glyphs)
Do keys work better in the official version? Please send me your 000Debug.txt file after you go through your keys. That's what it's for. Please instant message me some time if you can about your keyboard.
  • If I activate a filter in the deck builder and switch from "contains" to "is" Lackey stops responding to Mouse/Keyboard input - can close the main window though.
Fixed. 4/26/13
  • Can't save games nor will Lackey autosave
I was able to save/load saved games fine. Exactly how are you trying to do this?

Trevor

Quote from: VacantShadeGames on April 22, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
The program is crashing for me as well, although I am running a Windows XP.
Command Line opens and reports a string of errors (mostly it can't find files), and Lackey appears on the Taskbar and Task Manager. It creates an empty window, but after a substantial amount of time, nothing happens. A quick look at the Task Manager reveals it's eating up CPU, and holds at about 35,000k memory.

I've attached a copy of the Command Line report.
I believe I fixed this in the 4/26/13 version. Please confirm.

Trevor

Quote from: XoVeR on April 22, 2013, 08:05:10 PM
So I have connected to the server and that went smooth.  The deck creation is still a bit wonky.  I can now click the other cards other than the first card but when I search for a card if I try to delete the search by doing anything but "clear" it still does not allow me to run the search for cards. 

Also the sounds are not working for me at all, but that maybe something you want on purpose during testing.
I fixed the card search field bug but I never experience the clicking the first card in the list bug. Does that persist in the 4/26/13 version? If so, please give me some more info about it.

Fixed sound in 4/26/13 version.

Trevor

Quote from: remyegusku on April 22, 2013, 04:26:48 PM
The new Lackey is crashing whenever I attempt to launch it.  The finder offer's the following message, which I've attached.

I'm running Mac OS X, 10.6.8.

Thanks
Fixed. 4/26/13. Please confirm that it now works for you.

AuraDragon

When Lackey starts for the first time, the top of the window is outside my screen making me unable to move the window or even change tabs with the mouse, I managed to move the window with my keyboard and continued.
This is fixed for me.

...the top of the contents inside the window was chopped off, resizing the window fixes this.
This happened again after closing Lackey, removing the plugin it last used (Magic), restarting Lackey, and then loading a different recently used plugin (War3000).

Then I noticed that the playing field wasn't entirely visible, so I pressed the + button to expand the top popout menu (even though it was already expanded?) to fix that, and then I noticed the bottom popout menu was also already expanded even though the button was looking like it a + as well.
This also happened again, immediately after I resized the window to fix the previous bug.

My thoughts are that Lackey automatically resizes the window but doesn't update the contents of the window, like when you manually resize the window, when it does this.

remyegusku

Quote from: remyegusku on April 22, 2013, 04:26:48 PM
The new Lackey is crashing whenever I attempt to launch it.  The finder offer's the following message, which I've attached.

I'm running Mac OS X, 10.6.8.

Thanks

Confirming the 4-26-13 Version fixes this for me

DrQwerty

New bugs:

Lackey crash:TextButtonServerPort:
1:
->Start lackey
->Press 'Server' tab
->Select all the text inside the 'Port' TextBox
->Try to enter a number/dash/dot
->????
->Crash!!
2:NVM
->Start lackey
->Press 'Server' tab
->Try to paste this:aaaaa //all fine, nothing happens
->Try to paste this:11111 //all fine
->Try to paste this:1aaaa //all fine, only the '1' is pasted
->Try to paste this:11aaa Edit: work fine: '11' is pasted
->????
->Crash!!
3:
->Start lackey
->Press 'Server' tab
->Press the BackSpace key
->Try to enter a number/dash/dot or press the the BackSpace key again
->????
-Crash!!

Edit:
The general problem is when you try to enter two 'things' in the Textbox(number/dash/dot/backspace/clipboard content).
Clipboard content:
aaaaa aaaaa aaaaa ...
1aaaa 1aaaa
11aaa 11aaa
aa1aa aa1aa
I think that backspace is considered a char:
backspace backspace
1aaaa backspace
backspace 1aaaa

VacantShadeGames

Quote from: Trevor on April 26, 2013, 12:24:46 PM
Command Line opens and reports a string of errors (mostly it can't find files), and Lackey appears on the Taskbar and Task Manager. It creates an empty window, but after a substantial amount of time, nothing happens. A quick look at the Task Manager reveals it's eating up CPU, and holds at about 35,000k memory.

Yes, it starts up fine now.

With the new version, (as of 4/28/13), I've found an error with the filter functions in the Deck Editor.
When I set a filter, it adjusts the card results, and when I uncheck the box, it removes the filter. This is good.
However, rechecking the box doesn't adjust the results. I experimented a bit more and found that the editor only reapplies filters if:
(a) The filter is retyped.
or
(b) A filter below it in the list becomes unchecked.

I might not have explained this very well, so if you need further details, let me know.

Trevor

...the top of the contents inside the window was chopped off, resizing the window fixes this.
This happened again after closing Lackey, removing the plugin it last used (Magic), restarting Lackey, and then loading a different recently used plugin (War3000).

Then I noticed that the playing field wasn't entirely visible, so I pressed the + button to expand the top popout menu (even though it was already expanded?) to fix that, and then I noticed the bottom popout menu was also already expanded even though the button was looking like it a + as well.
This also happened again, immediately after I resized the window to fix the previous bug.

My thoughts are that Lackey automatically resizes the window but doesn't update the contents of the window, like when you manually resize the window, when it does this.
[/quote]These should both be fixed with the 5/5/13 version. Please confirm.

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on April 27, 2013, 10:16:10 PM
New bugs:

Lackey crash:TextButtonServerPort:
1:
->Start lackey
->Press 'Server' tab
->????
->Crash!!
2:NVM
->Start lackey
->Press 'Server' tab
->Try to paste this:aaaaa //all fine, nothing happens
->Try to paste this:11111 //all fine
->Try to paste this:1aaaa //all fine, only the '1' is pasted
->Try to paste this:11aaa Edit: work fine: '11' is pasted
->????
->Crash!!
3:
->Start lackey
->Press 'Server' tab
->Press the BackSpace key
->Try to enter a number/dash/dot or press the the BackSpace key again
->????
-Crash!!

Edit:
The general problem is when you try to enter two 'things' in the Textbox(number/dash/dot/backspace/clipboard content).
Clipboard content:
aaaaa aaaaa aaaaa ...
1aaaa 1aaaa
11aaa 11aaa
aa1aa aa1aa
I think that backspace is considered a char:
backspace backspace
1aaaa backspace
backspace 1aaaa
This should be fixed with the 5/5/13 version. Please confirm.

Trevor

Quote from: VacantShadeGames on April 28, 2013, 08:25:21 PM
Quote from: Trevor on April 26, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

Yes, it starts up fine now.

With the new version, (as of 4/28/13), I've found an error with the filter functions in the Deck Editor.
When I set a filter, it adjusts the card results, and when I uncheck the box, it removes the filter. This is good.
However, rechecking the box doesn't adjust the results. I experimented a bit more and found that the editor only reapplies filters if:
(a) The filter is retyped.
or
(b) A filter below it in the list becomes unchecked.

I might not have explained this very well, so if you need further details, let me know.
This should now be fixed in the 5/5/13 version. Please confirm.

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on April 26, 2013, 12:23:32 PM
Quote from: Nava on April 23, 2013, 12:50:11 AM
Just played a few games with the new version of Lackey (Mac OS X 10.7.5, Lackey 04-21-13). Here are some of my observations:

• If no card image is available, Lackey used to show a text box with the card infos (without checking the "Text" checkbox); this does not work at the moment
I will put that back.
This is now back in with the 5/5/13 version.