News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

lackey is always slow

Started by MegaMan, February 19, 2013, 09:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaMan

is there anyway at all to make lackey run faster?
i have 4 gigs of ram
Celeron dual core
i have a solid state drive
i have even tried running lackey on ramdisk
nothing will speed it up

ive tried like 10 different computers and its always the same thing
ive set the visual appearance to low in lackey
i have trimmed all my startup and services in msconfig
i have tried on linux, mac, all just about every version of windows

some people tell me that their lackey does not lag but i honestly don't know if thats true
what do i have to do to get it to stop lagging???

Trevor

I believe slowness is usually caused by an outdated OpenGL driver. Lackey should run very well on any computer that's made in this decade. I've tested it on windows, mac, and linux, and the only instance it was ever slow is when I used it on an ancient computer that couldn't run OpenGL well.

Try checking out your graphics card settings and make sure opengl is up to date.

Alastair

I've also had no problem running it on any of my machines. Some with far less power than the original poster's specs.

Trevor

I'm not sure what it is that can make lackey slow on modern computers. I'm not sure if it's a driver thing, an operating system thing, a software conflict. I'm not sure if it's a hardware, software, or firmware issue. In other words, if someone figures it out, or has information, I'd like to investigate it. It's never happened on any computer I have had access to, so I couldn't track down the issue.

If someone has the slowness, and then updates their operating system, and Lackey doesn't run slowly any more, that would tell me its not a hardware thing. If someone installs a clean install of the operating system onto two different computers and it's slow on one but not the other, that would tell me it's hardware related.

I suspect it may have something to do with directX VS openGL. If I recall correctly, Lackey doesn't use directX at all and just uses OpenGL. So if you're trying to use software to emulate OpenGL instead of your graphics card doing it, then that would be a problem I guess.

Gordon228

i agree but one thing too it could be caused by virus's attacking the system. i have had lackey run slow before on an older system that was plagued by virus's and a simpal virus scan fixed it but i do not think that is the case here.

Edit: how long have you had your SSD? also do you add and remove files from it? if so then you have your problem as SSD's get used they get slower and nothing can fix it. :(

Jigglypuff

I'm having major issues with lackey of late. It takes 15 seconds to delete a card from a deck with just that card in it. It takes 3-5 seconds to highlight a card and two seconds to type a single letter into a search field.

I recently bought a new computer and downloaded (and redownloaded) lackey when the problems started occurring. My old Windows 7 computer ran the program fine with very little lag. This windows 7 computer has way more ram and processing power, and every other desktop application seems to hum, so idk what I can do.

I do not have any openGL listed in my graphics drivers on this new computer. Instead I have various Intel drivers with various *igl* designations. Am I boned?

Update: I grabbed opengl. It's much faster now. Love you trevor