News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Update List Help?

Started by Aarikku, January 08, 2013, 12:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarikku

I've made a few card games with Lackey in the past, but never tried an updatelist 'til now.

The problem that's popping up is, when I go /mkupdate plugins/mindbodysoulPLUS/updatelist.txt to add checksums, it tells me "File in Update List not found locally: " and then prints the URL of some file with a 0 at the end of the file extension. There's definitely no 0 there.

I've attached my updatelist; chances are I messed something else up too, so any advice would be appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

At least some of those URLs are not proper URLS, like http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/TheFrogSage/MBSplus/cardback.jpg doesn't just link to a file. It links to a site where you can download that file if you do certain things. Files need to be simply and directly hosted on a website and not redirected or otherwise indirectly hosted.

Aarikku

Well that's... incredibly annoying. Photobucket's direct link for the cardback leads to an error message.

The other picture links DO go directly to the files, but even for some of those, I'm getting the error message in Lackey "File in Update List not found locally: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/TheFrogSage/MBSplus/Phase3.jpg0" where it's adding the 0 to the end of the file extension.

Trevor

If you get the error that the file isn't found locally, it means your local path is wrong, i.e., the file isn't where you say it is.

Aarikku

I understand that, but it's adding a 0 to the end of the file path. Of course there isn't a "cardback.jpg0"; it's "cardback.jpg".

Gordon228

you would need the card back in the general images as it's not detecting it there

Aarikku

I'm sorry, I don't think you understand the problem I'm having.

All of the filepaths in the updatelist are correct - including the hosted ones, now that Photobucket sorted itself out; the link in Trevor's post works now. All of the files in the updatelist exist in their proper local locations.

When I run /mkupdate, Lackey is adding '0' to the end of some of the filepaths (carddata.txt, Phase3.jpg and spawned.jpg). THAT'S why it's not finding the files. My question is what is causing Lackey to add these 0s (some sort of whitespace issue in the .txt file?), if anyone else has had this problem and what I can do to fix it.

ani-mayhem

You have a space on line 1 between the plugin name and the date that should be a tab
and you don't have a tab and -1 after the URLs

Aarikku

Quote from: ani-mayhem on January 10, 2013, 12:19:55 AM
You have a space on line 1 between the plugin name and the date that should be a tab

Ah, THAT'S the kind of derpy mistake I expected I'd have made. No errors from mkupdate now, so hopefully it works.  :D

Trevor

Quote from: Aarikku on January 10, 2013, 10:48:54 AM

Ah, THAT'S the kind of derpy mistake I expected I'd have made. No errors from mkupdate now, so hopefully it works.  :D
To test that it works, delete (or remove or rename) the plugin, and load a different plugin. Use the autoupdate URL to try to install the new plugin. Once it completes installing everything, try to update it again. If it says all your files are up to date and it doesn't download any file during the second update, it means everything is working fine.

carapippino

sorry if i resume the topic, but i have the same problem

what do you mean with -1?

jorch72

Quote from: carapippino on April 13, 2013, 05:49:43 PMsorry if i resume the topic, but i have the same problem

-1 is a place holder for the checksum of the file.
In order for lackey to give and write a cehceksum, the update list has to have a -1 at the end of every url for lackey to know that it should put the checksum there.

Trevor

Quote from: jorch72 on April 16, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
Quote from: carapippino on April 13, 2013, 05:49:43 PMsorry if i resume the topic, but i have the same problem

-1 is a place holder for the checksum of the file.
In order for lackey to give and write a cehceksum, the update list has to have a -1 at the end of every url for lackey to know that it should put the checksum there.
Actually, if I recall correctly, any integer will do. There just needs to be an integer there or otherwise the updatelist.txt wouldnt be the correct format. The new updatelist that is created will be identical... except its checksums are based on your local files, overwritting whatever number you had before.