News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What is casual EDH?

Started by Knackjife, January 06, 2013, 11:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knackjife

Having a problem with one of the players whose username is "neogenesis". Both of us are enthusiastic EDH (a format of mtg) players and all I want is to participate in games with him. But he continuously belittles my decks. He claims they aren't "casual" and that I play "douchy" cards. I have a sense to not play decks filled with counterspells, turn-takers and eldrazi. But he claims even cards like "sylvan library" aren't casual. He refuses to provide me with a definitive definition of what casual is. So I ask the lackey community humbly, what constitutes casual EDH? What cards should I avoid and what cards can I run?

Alastair

Casual is one of those terms that is different from person to person. There's no standard definition when it comes to games like Magic. What's "casual" for me might not be so for you. However in my experience with games such as Magic Online, Stargate TCG Online, Star Wars TCG, and Lackey as well it boils down to this....more often than not if somebody sticks casual in the table name they are not looking to play against tournament level decks. They're just looking to throw some cards out, tap a few here and there, then be done. However there's also the people that to them "casual" means "don't play anything against me I don't like". Those you just sort of roll your eyes to and move on.

This is just my opinion so be sure to remember your grain of salt. ;)