News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Everwind CCG

Started by Everwind, December 21, 2012, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everwind

I'm going to be playtesting the CCG I've been developing so I can hash out corrections before finalizing the whole thing. I'll likely be putting it out through The Game Crafter and also as an iPhone app. Anyway. It's based off the series of books I write (the Everwind Series). The series puts it in a post-apocalyptic setting at the end of a world, so there is technology around, but it's not common.

The core mechanic focuses on the 5 types of influence (which is a common theme in the books):

Physical
Economical
Psychological
Social
Cultural

There are four factions, each with different focuses and types of game play:

Outrider (Black) - Outriders are armed couriers, as the wastelands are dangerous due to raiders
Crimson (Red) - Crimson is the biggest gang, they specialize in roguery
Ravenhelm (Purple) Ravenhelm are a special operations group that have been disbanded and work as mercenaries
Legion of Liberty (Green) - These guys are a rebel group seeking to change the culture and dissent from the monarchies

The goal of the game is to influence other players to get their Reputation down to zero. You can also win by annihilation.

There are several card types:

HIDEOUTS: locations that provide gold (the resource) and can be used to shelter units
UNITS: characters, creatures, etc. that are the primary force against other players
STRATEGIES: like spells, these are special actions that help you or hurt other players that are different from the core stat mechanic
ITEMS: weapons, armor, books, and other things that enhance your units and hideouts or hurt other players

I've tried to keep the game as simple as possible while having the maximum amount of flavor and variety. I wanted the rules to be simple and easy to pick up, which only a handful of keywords to remember. Any cards with keywords include text explaining the keywords. An example of this is the keyword LEGENDARY. Cards with this innate ability also explain what it is, so there's less to remember.

Here's an example of a unit, which can only be used by the Crimson (Red) faction. I think I'm going to increase the image size and the font sizes.

nickyinprogress

Having trouble imagining the gameplay here, friend. Could you explain?

Oh and there's no need to increase the font size, it feels just right, though the image size could be increased.

Wisp

That template is quite incredible

Malagar

I have to agree, template looks very professional! Any news regarding this project?