News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

tIMECRAFT... mY ORIGINAL GAME idea.

Started by Howl, January 18, 2010, 02:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

when u say atk def should be #s what exactly do u mean. i labeled the atk and def. merely for the purpose of easy card layout and easier teaching ability.
but the center text i feel flows a little better. im not sure why but it just does well for me atleast. the upside down gold symbol im dewbating on yes because. im not sure if it will work in gamplay. but thank you verryy much for the input... ill work on it thankssss

Trevor

How exactly can an entire legion of roman centurians compete with a single modern soldier with a minigun? Or a single bomber?

You can pit vikings VS romans VS samurai VS medieval armies, but as soon as one side has gunpower and the other doesn't things really become imbalanced.

Either you need to just have pre-gunpowder units, or have a system where higher tech units cost way more than low tech ones.

innuendo

Or you could just ignore the strict lore of things since this is already a pretty out there card game.

Not everything has to make sense you know.

Dragoon

Know your history trevor.. The chinese discovered and were using gunpowder before we even did began forging steel.

moselekm

Well.  Gunpowder and Barrels and then onto Rifling are very completely steps in techno-science evolution.
Chinese were using Gunpowder early on, but it was pretty pathetic, especially since their cannons were usually one use only when they were first developed.

Barrels one up that.

And Rifling.  Well, like Trevor said.  One man with a Rifle can wipe out several units of pikemen before they even realize what's happening.  Hell, they'd probably freak and leave.  Unless they were Spartans.

Howl

Well my response its not a weapon that makes the soldier. I'm almost certain that an ancient spartan or samurai from the chinese feudal times could in a fight defeat any soldier today..(Maybe) ha but still I was thinking in some way to put classes on cards like for ex. gunner- one who is able to use a gun powdered weapon. Then there would be cards that can give others that ability for ex.

(Name)Spanish armorer
Cost 2
(Affiliation) Spanish Weaopon master
Atk. 1 Def. 3
(Ability) [2] Target unit gains Gunner (This unit may wield Gun powder equipment)

Howl

Oh and lol I don't know if your familiar with call of duty mwf2 but if u know how to use a knife and a throwing u don't have to use a gun at all and be just as succesful.

moselekm

Either way, in any stance of opinion.  The game sounds interesting.  And Civilization-ee.  And in Civilization, units just had stats.  No other restraints of reality.  So I think you can do it, so long as the game doesn't take itself too seriously.  You know.  Like in Civilization how Spearmen can take out my Apache Helo.

Trevor

Quote from: Howl on June 30, 2010, 02:51:34 PM
Well my response its not a weapon that makes the soldier. I'm almost certain that an ancient spartan or samurai from the chinese feudal times could in a fight defeat any soldier today..(Maybe)
Maybe in a fist fight, but there is no chance the best swordsmen in history has a chance against a mediocre soldier with a modern assault rifle. Your vision of a dazzling and brilliant swordsmen overcoming anything is a product of fictional movies. Also remember that swordsmen didn't have any armor to stop bullets. Unless you contrived an absurdly unrealistic encounter, like the two suddenly realize they must fight while in the space of a phone booth, the guy with the gun has a vastly superior chance of victory.

Also remember that modern humans are far stronger and larger than our ancient counterparts, do mostly to better nutrition. Take a look at real medieval suits of armor. They are all for people about 5'5", and often shorter. Even in a fist fight, modern humans have a better chance of victory.

Howl

true but i was juss saying that you never know. i mean it just depends on the circumstances of the battle. and besides modern soldiers wont be put into the game until far later if at all. possibly the most modern of soldiers i would include in this game would be ww2.

and i will quickly make a beta set for pl to try out. k .. soo about 75 - 100 cards.

Cyrus

also, this is just a game. who cares about realism if it doesn't pretend to be realistic?

Howl

i am happy to hear that at least some ppl support the game and im happy to hear ppls ideas.

ok ok .... well lets talk rules..and gameplay.

[Card Types]
units- represents warriors, philosophers, warlords etc.
locations represent places.. stonehenge,pyramids, ziggurats etc
equipment weapons, shields etc.
interrupts cards that can at anytime be played. include those important events in history that made the difference
Event- all those events in history,, well not all but u know. must be played on ur turn.

[Attack system]
Units Attack once at a time.[unless cards state otgerwise.]
Units may attack other units.
units may attack locations.
units may attack a players Endurance[End]

[Gameplay]
the object of the game is to take control of all of your opponents locations.each player is required to have a deck of 50 cards minimum but no card maximum.also both players start with 30 Endurance[morale].
only one unique card can be in play with the same name at a time if any other comes into play it is considered an imposter and that player places an imposter token on it.[imposter tokens do nothing on their own but other cards will contain effects that reflect that rule.]
each player places up to 30 build points of locations into play. then players decide who goes 1st by any means that seem fit.
then both players draw 8 cards as their starting hand. the player who controls all locations on the field 1st wins. or the player who drains the others morale to 0 wins.

phases....
replenish phase] all cards u control are replenished.
thought phase] effects that activate here or are involved here are considered. and each player gains 1 gold for each location they control to their gold counter.
draw phase] draw 1 card
main phase] u may play  units or any locations you control or events and u may place 1 card face down as a sacrifice to add 1 gold to your gold counter everytime you tap it.
attack phase] units attack
main phase 2] same as main phase 1 except for effects that activate or resolve here. also if you sacrificed a unit for gold you may not sacrifice one in this phase.
end phase.]

VladShadeu

Erhmm... :-[.... as to the originality of your concept.. have you ever heard of Anachronism?  :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anachronism_(game)

sorry to spoil the party there...

Dragoon

Anachronism is completely different from this game...

So, let me clarify the attack system.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

During the attack phase, you may choose units to attack. For each attacking unit, you must choose a target, either be an unit, a location or your opponent. Multiple units may attack a single target. When targets have been chosen, all units attack at the same time.

On a second note, change interrupt to instant, and place it before the type tags (What wow tcg does) I.E. Instant unit, instant event, etc...

Good point of uniqueness, using imposter tokens.. Do you mind if I use it?

Is the global player stat endurance or morale? I suggest morale...

Howl

Yes anachronism is very far from this game.. Especially deck size and gameplay. Also yes you are almost directly on target with the atk phase. In addition yes you may use the imposter mechanic I've never ever seen that anywere and I thought it would fit.