News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Community Game

Started by aardvark, January 13, 2010, 01:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripplez

could we find a chatroom or lackey room or something where we coud all talk?

im not comfortble giving my details out sorry.maybe an irc room we can access from mibbit or something?

legend zero

I'd be thinking it'll be a vertical card for characters, maybe horizontal for tower pieces (If we're still on that, hard to follow). I'd make the card border out of pipes and use older looking fonts wherever I can. Main color scheme will probably be Browns, Blues, Grays, Metalics, and Some overall mid-range colors as far as saturation goes. No brights, it does not really fit the whole "Steampuk" idea.

@Ripplez, it's right there, look up!

If you also go to the FULL chat, there are different rooms you could use, one mirroring each board on the forum here.

Ripplez

no. ajax is stupid

no offense trevor but if you tried holding a half an hour discourse in the chatroom of shoutbox, youd see what i mean :S

sorry if it seems like im criticisng the site, im not. but having spoken several times for several lines, just to find outt he other person had logged out five minutes earlier without any alert (they still show up in the room as being present even tho in actuality they arent), it gets annoying very fast. imagine that with 4+ people

i like bright colours :( so much of steampunk is boring dull colours. i love art like this -
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/1026_invoke.jpg

this is exactly what i thought of when we talked about steampunk + magic. and maybe its still doable with just steampunk? a contrast between bright and dark, mechanical and not

just my thoughts, sorry

legend zero

I was talking card template, not card art. All's fair in the card arts themselves, but the TEMPLATES will probably be a bit darker.

aardvark

What with people living in different zones and all, a topic especially for each team might be appropriate.

TheBuck, it was mentioned that the fluff and art teams could get started with some brain storms since their area of expertise doesn't depend on any other decisions to be made.

I'm gonna sort through the posts and sort them out into a poll.

GnKoichi

Quote from: aardvark on January 29, 2010, 07:07:52 PM
TheBuck, it was mentioned that the fluff and art teams could get started with some brain storms since their area of expertise doesn't depend on any other decisions to be made.

Just to clarify, we are dependent on other decisions. It would really help us out to know the win condition for the game. Not trying to rush that decision. Just saying that it's a dependency for some of our tasks.

sneaselx

As a matter of fact, predominantly bright, colourful art would contrast very well with a dark template, maybe with brighter symbols.

Ripplez

i dont know what kind of win conditions were working on :S i think we should wait till we start and finisht he poll aardvarks going to start

TheBuck

Perhaps we all should meet on the vent server once or twice a week.
Also are we working with life, cash, or some other form(s) of power/life.

aardvark

I suppose it would help if I had put the link up. ::)

Vote here.

Ripplez

to elaborate on some ideas ossible for the merge [tower/raid + politician] (from now on calld the merge), i got some :)

you could have a goal deck and strategy cards in your main deck. strategy cards have thigns like attributes up top that show one of five colours (five colours used to represnt intrinsics? how revolutionary!!!). these cards have a dual use. one is as a normal card, draw one, play a card, give +1/+1 and so on. the othr is as a strategy card, during a strategy phase. these cards would represent actions taken to accomplish your goals

for example, you could have a card - [ thorough arcane research : provides U : place a counter on this and exhaust it to draw a card. if you have three counters, it gives R as well. end of turn, discard a card ]

which is nice and all effectwise but more importantly the RU it provides counts to play cards from the goal deck by counting towards the threshold for them. the goal cards are the platforms of your campaign. for example - [ protection from dragon : needs RU : you gain +2 approval. you may destroy a dragon card in play to draw a card. you may sacrifice a faction of the populace to put a 4/4 dragon token into play ]

which coincidentaly are the cards you flip over when you try to win (to reduce their approval rating). flipping a protection from the dragons gets something like - [ you lose +2 approval ]. probably cos youv been sacrificing civilians by turning them into dragons :P that never goes down well

the other idea was splitting the populace into three or four factions. it doesnt mean anything as such in itself but cards refer to aspects of the populace that give you approval. for example - [strengthening the industry : needs GUU : the guildmasters give your their vote for +2 approval : steampunk cards cost 2 less to play] where the guildmasters are a faction of the populace. this identifies exactly who is doing this. it lets you a) support them and target them b) lose their vote making the other cards really hard to play since they dont work anymore and c) reduces the availabilit​y of other options for factions. so for example - [you flip it and find : lose 2 approval : discard a total of two steampunk cards from a combination of hand and field. the guildmaster​s reject you - you lose their trust] then youve really done it. flavourwise probably because youv been shipping in parts from outside places, which the guildmaster​s woudnt approve of

so those are my ideas on that theme if we do it. they can be tweaked around, maybe make approval stick on the card rather than collected by the player ala dark journeys by dragoon. just wanted to throw that out there

aardvark

Ok, so there seemed to be some confusion in choosing the mechanics.
Would YOU (the community) like to break it down or just go with what we have right now?

I think that it could be handled better and am willing to try it again differently. Using Ripz suggestion or whatever else YOU think might help.

Ripplez

just redo the poll, using only the win conditions this time. then well have some idea of the theme for the game.. just ym sugestion

GnKoichi

Oh god. Don't redo the poll! We have a rules team. They should get together and start making decisions. Use the poll data that we have if it's useful. If it's not, I say ignore it. Don't hold on to things that turn out not to work. We're our own bosses. We get to say what's important.

aardvark

I agree. I'd rather not redo the poll. Unfortunately the results didn't are a bit goopy. I'm going to continue this here so as not to clutter the main topic.

So that this thing isn't abandoned after so long because people lose interest I'd like for us to set goals and perhaps post them here to keep other apprised of our progress. Make us accountable so to speak. Anyways, without further ado...

The Mechanics
Main goal as of Februrary 2, 2010: Choose the victory mechanic from among the top choices in the poll.
Time Goal: 3-4 days.
What this means: We hope to have a choice no later than Februrary 5-6, 2010. The reason for this wide timeframe is due to the differences in time zones as well as differences in opinions. If we are able to come to a conclusion before the estimated time then we'll be ahead of schedule. (Yay us! :P)

Remember have fun with this!