Porting a set from Magic Set Editor to LackeyCCG, The Guide

Started by Volatar, May 28, 2012, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volatar

Porting a set from Magic Set Editor to Lackey, The Guide

Because I hate Googling and finding "oh, I fixed the problem" with no details.

First, grab and install Magic Set Editor, and this plugin for it. Don't follow his directions though. Those are out of date.

Create your set.

In MSE, go to File -> Export -> HTML -> LackeyCCG. Name the set something easy to work with. For this example I will be naming by set "thmtg". Replace with your set name.

Save the files somewhere. Doesn't matter, you will move them. Open them up. You will have a "thmtg.txt" file, and a "thmtg-files" folder. Rename the folder to just "thmtg".

Now you need Lackey, and the Magic The Gathering Plugin for it. This guide will add your set to the existing Magic card list.

Once that's all on your computer and working, go to your Lackey Folder wherever it is. Mine is named "LackeyCCG" You will be moving your set files in now.

Place your "thmtg.txt" file under "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets"
Place your "thmtg" folder inside "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets\setimages"

Now go back up to "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic". Open "ListOfCardDataFiles.txt" in notepad. Add your set file.

Example:

Quote<listofcarddatafiles>

<filetoinclude>thmtg.txt</filetoinclude>
<filetoinclude>allcards.txt</filetoinclude>

</listofcarddatafiles>

Looks like you're done? You aren't. It still isn't working. Yeah, I know. I banged my head on this wall for a long time.

Now, there is one last step. A key step that no one on the web seems to have figured out. Everything before here was gathered from various forum posts. This part is what I figured out.

Go back to "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets". Open your set file (mine is "thmtg.txt") IN EXCEL. Yes, you heard me. Excel. It works. (LibreOffice or whatever should work as well for free. I have not tested it though.)

Check it out. This file looks real nice in Excel doesn't it? That makes it really easy. Inset a column between Rarity and Text. Name the Column "Sound" (with no quotation marks). Save. Tell Excel, "Yes, I do want to keep this format."

Now, Open Lackey. Your cards should now be there. Yay!

You will now be imcompatible for multiplayer play with anyone who is not working with the exact same sets of cards as you. I suggest keeping multiple installs of Lackey around, named as you wish. When giving sets to a friend, just zip up your whole working Lackey folder and send them it. The folder in the end is only 40mb, 25ish mb zipped. Very easy to throw around.

Picks-at-Flies

If you haven't done so, you might want to fix my post on the mse-export pifro page since it has changed slightly since I wrote it.  It would also help if you modify the export template to include the Sound column so you can skip the Excel step.

Volatar

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on May 28, 2012, 05:51:21 PM
If you haven't done so, you might want to fix my post on the mse-export pifro page since it has changed slightly since I wrote it.  It would also help if you modify the export template to include the Sound column so you can skip the Excel step.

I am a user, not a programmer in this case. I have no knowledge of the systems involved nor how to edit and fix them.

Picks-at-Flies

In export-template you need to make two alterations:

Change the bottom line to:

to_string("Name Set ImageFile Color Cost ConvertedCost Type Power Toughness Rarity Sound Text\n"+write_cards)

In each of the write_[cardtype] sections, find the rarity line and add to the end:
+" "

If you're clever enough to play with Excel, you're clever enough for this, and if it goes wrong you can just revert to the current version.

Solstar

i tried now to export to lackey,and even if i followed the instructions,i don't have a "export to lackey"option when i select export to html..how come

starkb

Warlord Kentax

Plugin link no longer works. Here is a work around, though you have to enter in all the data manually.

Download LackeyCCG.

Go here, or wherever you put LackeyCCG:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\LackeyCCGBetaWin\LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets

Right click on 'allcards.txt' and open it with excel or equivalent software.

Observe the format

A Name
B Set
C ImageFile
D Color
E Cost
F ConvertedCost
G Type
H Power
I Toughness
J Rarity
K Sound
L Script
M Text

Save as the 'allcards.txt' in the same place as you found it. Rename it to whatever your set name will be. Make sure that excel doesn't add in any unnecessary quotes as they will cause your set to not work.

Other than the top row, delete all of the entries in this file.

Enter in all of the cards that you want to put in the set. To my knowledge the only truly required fields are A Name, B Set, and C ImageFile. I believe that all other columns can be left blank. Not sure how this impacts game play, though.

Save the file.

Go here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\LackeyCCGBetaWin\LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets\setimages

Create a folder named the same thing as your set.

In this folder put all of the images from your set exported from Magic Set Editor. The names of these images will need to match what is in the YOURSET.txt file.

Go here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\LackeyCCGBetaWin\LackeyCCG\plugins\magic

Modify the List OfCardDataFiles.txt to include your set as shown below.

<listofcarddatafiles>

<filetoinclude>YOURSET.txt</filetoinclude>
<filetoinclude>allcards.txt</filetoinclude>

</listofcarddatafiles>

You should then be finished. Start up LackeyCCG and try it out.