News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Mage Knight

Started by gavroche, May 11, 2012, 05:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavroche

Hey, I am a new user and i would like to know if lackey can support games like mage knight. I know the mechanics of this game is pretty complex and different from most ccg, but still, is it possible?

Trevor

I want Lackey to support all games like it. I don't know how that game works, but if you think there is something that isn't yet supported, I can add the functionality.

gavroche

okey, first of all, I don't know anything about the mechanisms (opus moderandi :D) of lackey. so if something I say doesn't make sense, just ignore that sentence :D
I tried to install a couple of more plugins, other than lord of the rings clg, and checked if lackey supports any board game with tiles. mage knight is played on a map that unfolds as you play (if i got it right). so first thing is that, can we have a map with tiles on lackey?
secondly, you control miniature figures in this game, instead of card images with pre-determined rectangle shapes, can we have pictures of miniatures?
also there are various elements in the game like day and knight. I guess it will require A LOT of work from both the plugin creator and implementor (in this case I guess implementor is you)
But it is a very popular game, I pre-ordered it but they're out of stock, and I would suggest everyone to check it. loads of people claim that this is one of the games that will be played and expanded for a long long time.

Trevor

Quote from: gavroche on May 13, 2012, 09:30:06 AM
okey, first of all, I don't know anything about the mechanisms (opus moderandi :D) of lackey. so if something I say doesn't make sense, just ignore that sentence :D
Do you mean modus operandi? Not familiar with that term.
QuoteI tried to install a couple of more plugins, other than lord of the rings clg, and checked if lackey supports any board game with tiles. mage knight is played on a map that unfolds as you play (if i got it right). so first thing is that, can we have a map with tiles on lackey?
secondly, you control miniature figures in this game, instead of card images with pre-determined rectangle shapes, can we have pictures of miniatures?
also there are various elements in the game like day and knight. I guess it will require A LOT of work from both the plugin creator and implementor (in this case I guess implementor is you)
But it is a very popular game, I pre-ordered it but they're out of stock, and I would suggest everyone to check it. loads of people claim that this is one of the games that will be played and expanded for a long long time.
I don't make the plugins.

I think the game shouldn't be too hard to implement. There are some games with tiles, and I am adding in additional functionality to make them better. I forget which plugins use tiles, but I know someone recently suggested I add a feature to let people lock down playmat tiles.

gavroche

magnum opus and modus operandi. lets act as if i didn't make this mistake :P
I know you're not doing the plugin, so we need someone who is capable and willing to scan these cards and work with you to make the game playable I guess.
you don't have a team or anything similar right?
I mean are there people who are semi-professionally preparing plugins for lackey?

Trevor

People make plugins, and my only role in it, if any, is them letting me know about the plugin and me linking to the plugin so they can be discovered via the plugin finder.

I would guess some place online already has scans of the things that need to be scanned. I would guess it wouldn't be too hard to make a plugin for that game, but I don't know much about the game so I'm just guessing.

If you want to, the plugin creation tutorial is at http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html

Picks-at-Flies

Doesn't Mage Knight also use the rotatable bases like Heroclix?

Baloden

QuoteDoesn't Mage Knight also use the rotatable bases like Heroclix?

Yes it does!

Trevor

Quote from: Baloden on May 15, 2012, 05:14:07 AM
QuoteDoesn't Mage Knight also use the rotatable bases like Heroclix?

Yes it does!
There are a number of ways that could be handled. For example, the image for the piece could have a row of cells showing the various base data, and a counter could be used on the card to indicate what state the base was turned to.