News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Digimon TCG

Started by TBOUnderdog, March 14, 2012, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBOUnderdog

It seems quite often that these seem to go to the wayside, I have checked multiple threads and websites and it turns out that people just give up. This is my Digimon TCG concept the rules are original (Though they borrow heavily from other TCG and CCG games)

Concept: Use your digi-destined and a host of digimon to destroy your Enemies lifedeck.

Types of Cards:
Digi-Destined

You start out with one of the 8 Digi-Destined (Taichi, Yamato, Sora, Mimi, Joe, Hikari, Takeru or Koushiro) This card has bonuses they give to you and your digimon. For Example, the Common Taichi (yes I am using rarities) has the following ability:

Taichi, Digi-Destined
Hand Size: 4
Ability: If you used a digivice to summon a champion level digimon at the end of your turn you can add the Crest of Courage to this card from the discard pile or the DECK.

as you can see it's a powerful ability and it also brings us to our next thing your Digi-Destined Controls handsize. Every Digi-Destined has a hand Size from 2-5 the more powerful their ability the smaller hand size they get (usually). Tai's is just OK as Digi-vices are limited to 3 per deck. Joe's handsize is this smallest. Check out the Joe Card Concept.

Joe, Digi-Destined

Hand Size: 2
Ability: When you enter your draw phase you may send all the cards from your hand to the discard pile and add 1 card from your deck to your hand. (must have 2 cards to use this effect)

Any card to your deck: Digimon, Item, Digivice, Crest, Interrupt, or Event.

Digimon:

Digimon Will be your primary source of damaging your opponent though their are cards that can also do that. The Digimon cards consist of the Following parts.

Attribute: Fire, Holy, Dark, Ground, Water, Lightning (are all i have so far)
Entrance Cost: A cost you must pay by either discarding one card from your hand, or milling one card from your Life Deck to the discard pile.
Attack: How Much Damage a digimon can deal.
Defense: How much damage a digimon can block before it takes HP damage.
HP: How much Hit Points your digimon has.
Characteristics: Words that descibe your card such as (Flying, Friendly, Vaccine, Virus...etc.)
Ability: Almost every digimon has a special ability. This could be drawing cards among other things.
Digivolve Cost: Every monster that can digivolve has a cost or requirement associated with going to the next level.

Example Card:

Agumon, Taichi's Companion
Attribute: Fire
Entrance Cost: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 1
HP: 4
Characteristics: Friendly, Dinosaur
Ability: Can Digivolve for 1 card less if Taichi is your Digi-Destined.
Digivolve Cost: 2 Fire Cards

So, you can Digi-volve a Agumon to Greymon for 1 fire type card if Taichi is your Digi-Destined. Most the rookie type monsters that can digi-volve have a strong synergy with thier Digi-Destined. The Play Type's also blend.

Greymon, The Blazing Fury
Entrance Cost: Digi-Volve Only
Attack: 7
Defense: 3
HP: 7
Characteristics: Friendly, Dinosaur, powerful
Ability: When this card inflicts damage to your opponent you can add 1 "Nova Blast" from your deck to your hand.
Digivolve Cost: Crest

As you can see the Digi-Volved form is much more powerful and it lets you (in this case) add it's special attack from your deck to your hand.

You can also get powerful Digimon without digivolving for example

Dark Leomon, Hunter of the Digi-Destined
Attribute: Dark
Entrance Cost: 4 Cards
Attack: 4
Def: 3
HP: 4
Characteristics: Powerful, Agressive, Dark Gear
Ability: If attacking any digimon with the friendly characteristic he gets +2 Attack
Digivolve Cost: N/A

Item Cards:

These are cards that can be attached to your Digi-Destined to power up your digimon or unlock Digivolves. Example:

Digivice
Discard this card and 1 rookie digimon you control to Special Summon that Digimons Champion level.

Crest of Courage:
Can only be attached to Taichi. When this card is attached to Taichi you can special summon 1 Metal-Greymon from your hand or discard your entire hand (Minimum 2 cards) to special summon 1 Metal-Greymon from your deck. When Metal-Greymon leaves the field discard this card.

Rules of the Crests

Crests are a special type of item that can only be used on the Digi-Destined it belong to. Taichi = Courge, Yamato = Friendship (ETC ETC)
They are used to summon the Ultimate forms of their Champion FOrms. Tachi= Metal Greymon, Yamato = Were Garurumon (ETC ETC)

The Ultimate Forms

Ultimate forms take alot out of the digimon, and they come with a price. Example

MetalGreymon, The Bringer of Justice
Entrance Cost: N/A
Attack: 12
Defense: 6
HP: 9
Characteristics: Friendly, Dinosaur, powerful
Ability: This card can only be special summoned by the Crest of Courage. While this card is face up on the field you cannot add cards from your deck to your hand by any means. At the end of Each turn you must discard 1 card or destroy this card. If this card battles an enemy digimon with the Evil Characteristic, increase his attack by 4. When this card leaves the field Special Summon 1 Augumon from your deck or Discard Pile.
Digivolve Cost: Undetermined at this time

So you can see this digimon is extremely powerful, but like in the show he can only maintain his power for a short time. In this case it's 1-2 turns (depending on how you summoned him).

This is just the start guys, but it's getting late.

I will post additional rules and battle conditions as I develope this more. Currantly I have no Knowledge of how to write the necessary plugin. I am just a card designer/conceptualist. If anyone is interested in this project drop me a line and as I get further on we can work on the hard stuff.

DavidChaos

My concern with this game is that deck construction is going to be very, very limited, or you're going to wind up basically building the decks for the players.

Another concern is that you should put on the cards what they digivolve from (the previous Digimon TCGs that existed normally did this, if there was a limitation), unless you're going to let anything evolve from anything.

TBOUnderdog

I don't know that I feel it's going to be limited deck construction. The only cards you will (by choice) get pigeonholed into is your Digi-Destined partner. Mimi = Palumon etc. The rest can be a mix and match. As far as arch-types its the same with every game. Beatdown, Hand/Deck Control, Damage, etc are all common archtypes and are all things we deal with as CCG Players we rarely see OMNI or Rainbow style decks.

DavidChaos

I understand archetypes, but look at it this way:

Let's say your Digi-Destined is that Tai card.  Do you have to use Agumon, or do you have a choice as to what Rookies you can use?  And how much are the Rookies going to determine your Champions?  Also, is it possible to digivolve into something that has an Entrance Cost to avoid the Entrance Cost?  There's, currently, some very unclear things in the rules, and depending on how they are handled, you could pigeonhole a player's Digimon, and possibly attacks, to have to be one way, and the Crests are understandiby pigeonholed into a particular deck for now.  And there's still the issue I mentioned earlier; do Digimon have to digivolve from a particular previous form, or can you digivolve anything into anything?  If the former, I think you should put the previous-level requirements on the card.

There's also an issue I see on the example Ultimate digivolution I noticed; the Crest has the ability to play out MetalGreymon (no matter what you've got out right now, from the looks of it), but shouldn't Greymon be able to do it normally by using a Crest if his digivolve requirement says "Crest"?  I think that'd be fair, especially with MetalGreymon's upkeep cost, that you could play it out normally, rather than having to use the Crest's effect.  Or, possibly, you could have a less powerful version that can digivolve as normal.