News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Server back online on wednesday

Started by Trevor, January 05, 2010, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I moved to NY and my Internet will be online wednesday. After that the server will be on reliably.

Tokimo

TheBuck

good then I can see if i set up router up right. so where in New York do you live?

aardvark

woohoo! Thanks a lot, Trevor!

Curious... how would one go about setting a server up temporarily so that people could still play over Lackey if there is another similar period of downtime anytime in the future?

Alastair

Anyone can setup a temporary server. Just start it up under the server menu and give out your IP address to those you want to connect. You may or may not need to forward the port (set in the server tab), depending on your individual setup.

The problem that arises is that the server mode does not appear to be stable for a windows or linux machine. There's random connection drops and at irregular intervals it just stops responding (which is why I didn't even try to hassle with it again this time that Trevor was away).

aardvark

Oh fooey. All I have is windows and linux. Is the reason for this instability known? My own knowledge of networking is close to nada.

Trevor