News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

The Card Game Language

Started by yottzumm, August 06, 2011, 04:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yottzumm

I've been writing a paper for SPLASH 2011 workshop on domain-specific modeling.  Specifically, I am writing about modeling games in domain-specific languages, or specialized IDEs.  LackeyCCG appears to be one of those IDEs.  What it seems to lack is rules (which may be an advantage or disadvantage).  Perhaps as an option, if one wants to specify some rules, LackeyCCG could use The Card Game Language http://www.without-precedence.dk/projects/the-card-game-language, CGL is for solitaire only right now, but perhaps it could be extended for network play.

Trevor

In my experience, rules forcing is far more trouble than its worth, both in the difficulty in creating and managing, as well as the final user experience. What people tend to forget is that playing with real cards in real life, there is a billion little things going on beyond the superficial, like constant passing whenever you could perform an action. There has not been any implementation that accommodates this well, and I don't think it's possible to do it with anything short of a matrix style virtual world. In other words, I just don't think a keyboard and mouse are sufficient in order to have enough input and immersion to have rules forcing by a computer and have it not be obtrusive.

I will come back to this topic later, when other more important things are done.

yottzumm

Well with Leap Motion, does this seem more feasible?