News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Images Not Loading in Large Decks

Started by Garriath, March 12, 2013, 03:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garriath

Howdy, all,

First off, thanks to everyone involved in creating this fantastic program. I've sunk far more hours into playing card games solo with Lackey than I have on a lot of $50 games.

One question, though: I've been messing around with the MECCG plugin, creating, well, very large decks (the one I'm using now is about 970 cards). Even though I've got a very powerful computer, only about a third of the images for the cards end up loading. I suppose my question is, is this just a feature of the program which I'll have to live with, or is there some way to get the program to load images for all the cards involved?

Thanks much in advance.

Trevor

In the appearance preferences section is an option to change the number of card images loaded at once. The maximum is 1000 which should be sufficient for every game I'm aware of.

This limit is put in place because after several games, the amount of memory would be really high.

Garriath

Just what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!

Trevor

As far as the number 1000 as an upper limit, I figured that with 10 different players allowed, each could use 100 different card images. In practice, the number needed should be far less than many players will use the same card image, and a person's deck often contains multiples of a single card. A 2 player game with similar decks might only use 30 different card images.