News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Feature request ? Toggle chairs etc...

Started by ke., January 27, 2012, 05:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ke.

Hello, would it be possible to add a couple of toggles to the visual settings. I'm not sure if this is plugin specific, but it would be great to be able to toggle the visibility of:

Player avatars / chairs
Player hands

Reason being in a multiple player game they clutter the screen and don't correlate to the actual setting position.

Thanks

Trevor

If they don't appear as you would expect them to with multiplayer, that is a bug and I will fix it.

innuendo

I think what he's asking for is the option in settings to toggle "View other player chairs" on or off. If off ito nly shows your chairs and possible a condensed list of others in the room.

I can see this being useful.

ke.

Quote from: Trevor on January 27, 2012, 06:04:39 AM
If they don't appear as you would expect them to with multiplayer, that is a bug and I will fix it.

Well, I imagine that would be near impossible to do as with the VTES plugin is a 5 player game with a random seating order. You'd almost need to recalculate it on the fly based on cards positions on the table.

It would be much simply to simply be able to disable them visually ? they don't add much to a VTES game although I can see the appeals for 2 player games...

ke.

Quote from: innuendo on January 27, 2012, 11:56:09 AM
I think what he's asking for is the option in settings to toggle "View other player chairs" on or off. If off ito nly shows your chairs and possible a condensed list of others in the room.

Yep, exactly ? being able to switch the chairs and hands off would be great.

ke.

Attached's a screen shot of a current game where they just get in the way.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

That image looks a bit odd because the zoom isn't 100%. You might want to use scale instead of zoom. I think that will resolve your problem.

I am not sure about letting people turn them off entirely. With them completely hidden, people might get confused about where they are supposed to place their cards. What's worse is if some people have them on and some people have them off and one person puts their cards in a place that another person thinks is the demesne of another player.

Try different zoom/scale settings and let me know if that resolves your problem.

ke.

The zoom only has an effect when "Zoom playmat with table zooming" is switched off and even then when zoomed out far enough to not see the chairs the cards are to small / cramped to be identifiable (even after scaling them).

Well, if they're not off by default then it won't have an impact on anyone who doesn't specifically switch them off and they have no bearing other that to confuse in VTES.

It's no biggie, just would make things much clearer and less cluttered ? maybe making it a plugin option maybe an alternative?

Quote from: Trevor on February 04, 2012, 04:20:46 PM
That image looks a bit odd because the zoom isn't 100%. You might want to use scale instead of zoom. I think that will resolve your problem.

I am not sure about letting people turn them off entirely. With them completely hidden, people might get confused about where they are supposed to place their cards. What's worse is if some people have them on and some people have them off and one person puts their cards in a place that another person thinks is the demesne of another player.

Try different zoom/scale settings and let me know if that resolves your problem.

Trevor

Some plugins use game boards whose positions of items put on them matters, like chess. For those sorts of games, people need to let the playmat zoom with the zoom done on cards.

Some plugins just use playmats just for decoration, and they don't want their playmat zoomed along with card zooming.

If you think that most people would be ok with the playmat always zooming (as is needed by the former), and that it causes significant confusion for there to be an option, I can permanently disable the option to have table images NOT zoom along with zooming done on the table. Do you guys think that is the best solution?

I get lots of feedback in the form of "make X an option" but problems arise when there are too many options. The interface can get complicated and less intuitive, and different players who have different options selected may have get confused.

Trevor