News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can u save the chat log to a text file?

Started by Jynks, December 08, 2011, 06:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Trevor

I just implemented this. It is going to be "/logsave FILENAME" in the next release. If you just type "/logsave" it will save it as a file named based on the date and time it was created.

I think I'll have them saved to a folder it creates in the plugin folder called logs/.

Jynks

Quote from: Trevor on December 08, 2011, 03:16:31 PM
I just implemented this. It is going to be "/logsave FILENAME" in the next release. If you just type "/logsave" it will save it as a file named based on the date and time it was created.

I think I'll have them saved to a folder it creates in the plugin folder called logs/.

you are a legend man.. serious.

Trevor

update:

It's now /log instead of /logsave.
If you have the timestamps on in the chat log as you save, it will also write them in the log file.

btw, you can toggle time stamps by right clicking the log field.

Jynks

it is worth noting though that time stamps are in local time, so when you compare logs with your partner you are unable to give a global or "game time" code so you can both look at your own log and find the same point easily.

Trevor

Quote from: Jynks on December 08, 2011, 10:19:31 PM
it is worth noting though that time stamps are in local time, so when you compare logs with your partner you are unable to give a global or "game time" code so you can both look at your own log and find the same point easily.
I think local time is preferable. It's a lot more convenient for YOU to look at your own logs when they are in local time. And as far as communication goes, just find out your delta t, and do the math.

Jynks

Makes sense... but... "Do the math"... lol.. programmers!  ::)

Jynks

is this function working? I just get and error when I try it?

"error: log function undefined"

Trevor

Jynks

oh lol.. i see.. that makes sense then heh heh... :) I was wondering what was going on as you said you added it already