News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

AdventureQuest card mockups.

Started by Dragoon, December 26, 2011, 03:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Hi all!

This is one of the first mockups I made for my new project, AdventureQuest.

Please note it's still very much work in progress and there aren't many rules to support it.

Feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dragoon

Mock up of an encounter card.

Feedback is appreciated.

Malagar

Yes, like it very much - is that the game we talked about earlier?

* The sword symbol is sometimes hard to see, if it had a white outline (or whatever outline) it would be easier to read.
* The text boxes for the titles dont really look fantasy like, maybe you can put some work there
* the background for the barbarians text box is not really needed, you could put the text directly on the "paper" texture, also the artists name is cut off.

Dragoon

Not really, but it comes from it.

Text boxes are subject to change. Also, I'm going to change the hero card to not-tapped, makes it look better and more tie-in with a mechanic idea.

Cyrus

Honestly I feel like having the card title on the left is a gimmick only for the purpose of not putting the name in the most obvious good spot. Why would players want to exert extra effort just to read the names on their cards? And if only some card types have it, it is really easy for better players to know when a less informed player has certain card types in their hand (cuz their heads tilted all funny).

Just my 2 cents, but its literally the only thing I don't like about this game idea at the moment so I had to throw it out there

r0cknes

HAHAHAHA Cyrus I never thought about that, but it is so true. I was playing a game of LOTR LCG with a friend of mine and when he got an event card he always tilted his head. I didn't think much about it in the past, but now it is really funny.  ;D

I don't think the name on the side is such a bad idea, but Cyrus statement was very true.

I don't like the font. It is kind of bland. I know you don't want to use a font that is hard to read, but the font you are using doesn't seem to fit the artwork very well for whatever reason.