News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Theoretical Community CCG Project

Started by Malagar, December 12, 2011, 03:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0cknes

*Agendas

I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish by getting rid of the rewards for winning agendas. Frankly, Agendas should give you an advantage when they are completed. It only makes sense. On the other had the objective itself makes you weak enough in some areas that other players can take advantage of you. I don't like the idea of having to place 20 counters on a single card during a game. That is crazy. I understand the one thought about it being the core set and you want to make it simpler, putting 20 counters on a card is not simpler to me.

*Resource

Forgive me but I am not sure I see the problem with this mechanic either. By the looks of your faction cards, they already have a ridiculously high number of resources on them. I can't see a time when you could not put a fleet on the field. I don't think it is so clumsy that it needs to be thrown out. If you do throw it out though then you should just throw out planets all together. Maybe just have structures. We have been talking about how in this game all units are omnipresent. If that is the case then why have any locations in the game at all? Structures are a fine substitute i think, and you can also get away with using you faction's or fleet's "energy" to build them.

Place take everything I have said with a grain of salt. I am not trying to be mean. I am just expressing my concerns with the thoughts that have been discussed.

In review:

1. The new way of agendas doesn't work. too many counters. 1-5 at most would be acceptable, not 20 or more.

2. If you don't like the explore mechanic then get rid of locations. Just have structures that can be built using any cards resources.

Malagar

I did not get rid of the agenda rewards. did i write that somewhere? yeah you are right about the 20 counter thing, the example number was just badly chosen.

planets have been renamed into "resources" long time ago, planet is therefore just a synonym for "land card" or whatever. your idea of structure cards is identical to the resource cards as we have them right now.

im looking into the other options when i have more time

Cyrus

oh no! the momentum was lost! any new developments malagar?

Malagar

@Cyrus: As holidays are over, my dreadful job struck me with its fangs again. so currently there is nothing new.

But i if someone else has any insights, please post them here!

Wisp

Malagar

hey guys,
im sorry - i lost interest in the project.

there i no one to blame except myself, but real life is taking its toll again and i have to focus on my job and my main projects. i have to add that sadly - despite being a community project, most of the work was left up to me. this is a behemoth i just cannot stem at the moment.

as i said in a previous post: "community projects usually end up with one person doing all the work while others just pop up every now and then to give clever tips"

if anyone wants to take up the project from here, just drop me a line - i can send you all the files and templates