News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Force Grids to be Square

Started by Gordon228, November 19, 2011, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Gordon228 on December 01, 2011, 03:19:56 PM

here it is the image with the problem and i like what innuendo suggested and note this is the smallest grid size possible
I don't have any context. How is that bad? Show me a picture of how you want things to look, compared to that.

You can also increase the size of the octagons too.

Gordon228

ok so i increase the size for me and then other people have to get it to look right on there screen and i come to a realization and that is with a square grid i would also need smaller squares as they are the smallest they can be witch is no good as no matter how i get the square grid they never seem to line up. also with a bigger hex that means a smaller game. i do not mind making more stuff but if i do not have to then i do not want to is the thing.

innuendo

Trevor it would make the view pane scrollable.

Presently you have everything set to "stretch to fit" mode. Where if the aspect ratio of the screen is 1:1 or 1:2 it doesn't matter, the "grid box" just changes to compensate. The idea would be if the playmat is 1500 x 3000 px and the viewpane is 1000x1200.

Currently you force that playmat to stretch down to that 1000x1200 size, you don't preserve proportions, and the grid is static to 1:1.2 px in size (the same aspect ratio of the viewpane).

My suggestion is to instead have the option (possibly plugin level, since this will mostly be used on certain games only) to instead leave the playmat at that 1500x3000 size, and then your "view" of that is only 1000x1200 at a time. and you can scroll around it, like you would on a map you are zoomed in (see: google maps, click and pan). Then the zoom function differently where instead of just expanding the cards you are actually zooming into the playmat, so if you zoomed in 2x you would see 500x600 of the playmat, and the cards are fixed size).

Then add this to gordon and if this option is enabled, force the grid to be 1:1. This would let very precise placement of components. The total size of the grid is no longer arbitrarily set by you at the "grid size" option, but is set by the playmat size. So the playmat is 1500x3000, so the grid box size is set, but the number of grid boxes total is a product of dividing the playmat size by the size of a single grid box.

This make sense? I'm at work so I can't whip up a picture, but I tried to be long winded enough to compensate!