Main Menu

Stupid Noobs...

Started by Dosmodious BlackJack, June 06, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dosmodious BlackJack

Ship these idiots off to an Island.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

TheBuck

This is more of a post about the type of person you are at least in the online ccg world. Not a good look for anyone.

heynow

You are right about him being a noob, but I can relate to the frustration of playing against Liquimetal Coating deck. Still, I would have given up and moved onto g2 or g3 rather than rage quit.

Saethori

I don't understand the context here, but it appears the other player had a misconception about the game rules. It's not fair to wish harm on them for not knowing all the intricate details of a game system, especially in cases like this where they're on a client that does not directly enforce card rules.

Keep a copy of the game's latest rulebook bookmarked. Next time a dispute occurs, provide them with a link to said rulebook and the exact rule that explains what you're doing/trying to prevent them from doing. Only if they do not accept the official rules do you then have a legitimate complaint against them.

After all, we were all newbies once. You can't begrudge people for being one when you were one yourself; the best thing you can do is be polite and patient, and doing so helps them develop from being newbies into full-fledged players. (And, in turn, help other newbies into full-fledged players, so additionally reducing the frequency in which this problem occurs.) Your response in this scenario, on the other hand, would actually have the opposite effect, fueling a flame of misconception by "asserting" yourself instead of explaining yourself, cause the other player into thinking *you* were the newbie, and then start teaching the misinterpreted rules to other people, causing newbies to remain newbies.

Dosmodious BlackJack

It was the fact that he called JOKER the noob that was the point of the log.

I know that we were all new, but to call the other guy the noob over something simple like that was just stupid.

toyboy321

Quote from: Saethori on June 06, 2011, 08:26:24 PM
I don't understand the context here, but it appears the other player had a misconception about the game rules. It's not fair to wish harm on them for not knowing all the intricate details of a game system, especially in cases like this where they're on a client that does not directly enforce card rules.

Keep a copy of the game's latest rulebook bookmarked. Next time a dispute occurs, provide them with a link to said rulebook and the exact rule that explains what you're doing/trying to prevent them from doing. Only if they do not accept the official rules do you then have a legitimate complaint against them.

After all, we were all newbies once. You can't begrudge people for being one when you were one yourself; the best thing you can do is be polite and patient, and doing so helps them develop from being newbies into full-fledged players. (And, in turn, help other newbies into full-fledged players, so additionally reducing the frequency in which this problem occurs.) Your response in this scenario, on the other hand, would actually have the opposite effect, fueling a flame of misconception by "asserting" yourself instead of explaining yourself, cause the other player into thinking *you* were the newbie, and then start teaching the misinterpreted rules to other people, causing newbies to remain newbies.

100% Agreed... Personally I don't understand this "noob rush" in the internet games... Everyone has to start somewhere and it's not a bad thing. Remember that only people who don't try, don't make mistakes...

Gordon228

but in magic evan if you get a starter you do not get a rule book and it dose not tell you there is more rules to be had.

Alastair

Quote from: Time Shifter Tom on October 28, 2011, 03:59:36 AM
100% Agreed... Personally I don't understand this "noob rush" in the internet games... Everyone has to start somewhere and it's not a bad thing. Remember that only people who don't try, don't make mistakes...

Normally there's two types of people just coming into a online game (virtually any online game). There's the newbie who simply does not know the rules yet. With time and experience this person will become a welcome member of the community.

Then there's the noob. This sort of person seems to never improve nor are they interested in improving their knowledge or ability. No matter how many people try to explain how things are done or try to help them out. The noob will permanently be a hassle to deal with.

Ascent

Noob or PTSD? I'm a hassle to play with and I'm the Rules person on the IDC for the SWTCG. It's because I have ADD and PTSD (The psychiatrists claim its my PTSD that causes my inability to function on everyone else's level despite my high intelligence), causing me to not be able to think on my feet. It has always affected my ability to win at chess and TCG's. People are always having to remind me of the rules that I already know better than anyone. But when on the spot, those rules fail to come to my mind. I may even know well how to play a card or combo, but end up playing them wrong when I know better. It's not because I'm stupid or a "noob" (newbie boob). I simply don't function when things go off plan or aren't thoroughly practiced.

zephonthearkangel

its hard not to sympathize. ive wanted to post stuff like this on idiots who get angry when they lose an either try to cheat or start running their mouths. its hilarious but so annoying these people have nothing better to do with their lives than b trolls on lackey when people r just trying to have fun and play mtg.

my favorite is the guy who loses an says "o u concede? great 1-0 for me. g2?" how desperate r people to win in a card game that means nothing???

Trevor

Someone who is willing to cheat to win is someone with severe mental problems in my opinion. If a person can feel happy and proud to win having cheated, it says something pretty strong about how pathetic, insecure, and fragile they are. It kind of reminds me of Cartman.

If your opponent deliberately cheats, you have already won.

Not understanding the rules is a different matter, and more on topic. Everyone was ignorant at some time, but some examples of ignorance are so extreme that it can be funny. Along the lines of "You've been playing this long and you didn't know X?"