News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

If you see the wrong cards while playing...

Started by Trevor, September 28, 2011, 03:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

There are 2 reasons this can happen.

There is currently an issue if you are running Lackey from a USB drive, and that drive is not formatted the same as your main drive. To fix this, either don't run Lackey from a USB drive, or reformat the USB drive to be the same format as your main drive.

The second and more likely issue is you are using a different plugin as your opponent. This can be caused by one player not updating, or one player adding or removing a card data file to their sets/ folder. You SHOULD be given a warning when you join a game if this is your issue. The warning should read "WARNING: PlayerA's plugin is not the same version as PlayerB's. This could cause errors, like seeing the wrong cards." You also should see their game on the server as red to you, further indicating that you should NOT join this person's game. One way to check if your version is different than his is to go in the deck editor, and read the number of Total cards in the deck editor library. (It should say "Total:#") If your total does not match, then one of you is using the wrong version of the plugin.
To fix the issue, you should run autoupdate again, and relaunch. If that still doesn't fix the issue, delete your entire plugin and reinstall it, and relaunch. If that still doesn't work, and both players have performed these steps, then please report it here.

In your report include your name, and the other player's name, as well as if you have this issue with other people, and if they have this issue with other people. Also report your plugin name, and the version (medium or high) and their version (medium or high).

EDIT: Another reason you will see wrong cards is if you installed extra txt files to your sets folder (or altered some of those text files). To fix this, delete all txt files in your sets/ folder, run autoupdate, and then relaunch.

institute

QuoteThere is currently an issue if you are running Lackey from a USB drive, and that drive is not formatted the same as your main drive. To fix this, either don't run Lackey from a USB drive, or reformat the USB drive to be the same format as your main drive.

Hi Trevor,

Well that explains it. I thought I was going crazy. Will the USB issue be fixed in the next release?

Trevor

Quote from: institute on September 28, 2011, 06:24:28 AM
QuoteThere is currently an issue if you are running Lackey from a USB drive, and that drive is not formatted the same as your main drive. To fix this, either don't run Lackey from a USB drive, or reformat the USB drive to be the same format as your main drive.

Hi Trevor,

Well that explains it. I thought I was going crazy. Will the USB issue be fixed in the next release?
I'm working on it, but you can just reformat your drive and it will work.

Duskbringer

A friend of mine has updated the plugin, reinstalled lackey then updated, doesnt use a USB, has the correct amount of total cards, but still cant see our cards right and we also see his cards wrong. Hes uninstalled lackey and reinstalled it about 4 times now, and updated each reinstall to no avail. Any suggestions if this occurs?

Trevor

Quote from: Duskbringer on September 29, 2011, 03:29:50 PM
A friend of mine has updated the plugin, reinstalled lackey then updated, doesnt use a USB, has the correct amount of total cards, but still cant see our cards right and we also see his cards wrong. Hes uninstalled lackey and reinstalled it about 4 times now, and updated each reinstall to no avail. Any suggestions if this occurs?
I'm working on something I think will fix that issue. It should be done in a day or 2.

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on September 30, 2011, 06:43:22 AM
Quote from: Duskbringer on September 29, 2011, 03:29:50 PM
I'm working on something I think will fix that issue. It should be done in a day or 2.
FYI, this should now be fixed. Let me know if this bug still persists.

Xenocide

Hmm I tried all the suggestions, but it's still not working. I figured option #3 would work, because I did alter the text in the Set Folder, but even after deleting the folder, in fact the entire plugin, the cards are still wrong. I'm on a Mac, with the Magic High plugin, and it doesn't work regardless who I am playing/spectating.

Xenocide

Yep, still not working. I even deleted the whole file, that means my decks, all the plugins, everything, then reinstalled. Still not working.

Trevor

Quote from: Xenocide on January 16, 2012, 09:53:49 AM
Yep, still not working. I even deleted the whole file, that means my decks, all the plugins, everything, then reinstalled. Still not working.
Talk to me and I can troubleshoot with you.

Xenocide

Aha, the problem was fixed with the latest update... I don't really know why, but it was certainly a problem on my end.