News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Cardpool of 1500+ cards is slow to read/write

Started by BLOODWOLF, July 10, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLOODWOLF

Wanted to know if this is only happening on the wife's and my desktop computer or if others can duplicate this.  Once we have a cardpool of 1500+ cards Lackey begins to hang like its slow to write when saving a cardpool or slow to read when opening up that pool. (MTG plugin) is there anything I can do to speed this up or is that just how it is since I know some of these cards have a lot of data (text) on them and Im guessing its re-writing the cardpool file each time you save. Gameplay and filtering of the cardpool speed hasn't slowed down any, this just makes it impractical to keep adding to a cardpool and instead we start over periodically to avoid the long waits after adding a booster pack to the pool after winning.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics       3.70 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (13.9 GB usable)

vallerinism

I have a plugin with almost 5000 card images. The carddata.txt file is only 1.2MB. I've never had lackey lag/slow down/hang. One thing to consider is the dimensions of the cards themselves. All of my images are 374x522 and average 300KB in size.

CrazyChucky

The issue isn't the number of cards in the plugin, but the number of cards saved in a card pool. I imagine similar slowdowns would probably result from a saved deck of similar size (though I've not tested this).